Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,217,720 times

Advertisements

Not to refute anything being said....but the body found in Park County a couple of weeks ago may have come from another state.....there is no proof that the murder occurred here.....could have been in another state (maybe Montana, as the location of the body was relatively close to MT, and the main road goes there and really no where else) so if that was the case this may have not been a Wyoming murder. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, as it is true, as others have said, crime is happening everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,043,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
And just like clockwork, as if to prove my last posting...not but ONE MINUTE after I pushed 'Post Quick Reply'
the Cody Enterprise JUST NOW posted on their Facebook page:

EDITORIAL: Trend of local violence hard to ignore, refute - Cody Enterprise: Opinion

Seriously...you can't make this stuff up; but hey...let the article speak for itself...

...I'm just a lowly, out-of-work (displaced) ranch-worker...

What do I know ?

lol
That editorial says:

Quote:
Our community has experienced seven violent deaths and the kidnapping/rape of a child in a short span of 27 months.
Well, for comparison the City I live in had 66 murders in the last two years. And that is not even counting the murders that happened outside the city limits in the numerous subdivisions that surround it.

Yet in 2011 it was declared to have "Austin has the third-lowest rate of violent crime among major U.S. cities"

Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 PM

32 posts, read 39,553 times
Walks like a duck...

I live 60 miles from town in central Wyo. I was talking to a couple of my neighbours and one mentioned that he had seen several vehicles parked on the side of the road recently and they looked occupied. The other fellow agreed and said he had seen some too. I asked for details and there seemed to be some common points. New Mexico plates and minivans...and it is not tourist season. I took note of this and later made a similar observation. I stopped and inquired in my most neighbourly manner if there was a problem and could i be of help. The woman driving said no that she was just tired and just resting. This struck me as odd since she turned off either highway and drove at least 15 miles to stop and rest. I opened my jacket to remove a pen and note pad and she asked what i was doing. I told her that if she was up to no good that i would have her license plate for the deputy. She acted offended and asked me who i thought i was. I told her i am just a local fellow looking out for me and my neighbours and that maybe i would just call the deputy anyway. She left in great haste. Later i spoke to neighbours about this. Most had seen something but did not inquire. I suggested making contact when safe to do so and see what happens. It seems that our out of the way little spot was a drop for meth coming from down south. Since we have spoken to a few of these impolite entrepreneurs, they have disappeared.
Now, almost everybody that lives around here either stops to inquire or tells someone who can. It does not hurt that most of us are conspicuously armed.

pW

Old 03-26-2015, 07:31 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,348,901 times
Lucky you did that, but I can't help but admit that it took some co'jones...

Sadly, I am once again reminded of the decapitation, north of Cody/south of Bridger...

I do not think he was a 'rancher' or living in the area, and he looked far too capable of 'taking care of himself' to be a common-ordinary ranch-hand (such as myself) so...it begs the question, who was he and what was he doing that led to his being 'silenced'...

Wyoming sits between the drug-corridors running from the Bakken/Billings/Idaho-Falls/SLC/Denver and Rapid-City...it is inevitable that it's only going to get worse, before it gets better.

I pack heat now, and have been taking time to work on the blade-play that I was taught while on active-duty.

If I get caught in the middle of something while fixing fence out the middle of nowhere, for somebody...unless he is a good head-shot from long-distance, whoever it is who desires to eliminate any witnesses, will have to really WORK for it.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:03 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,100 times
New Mexico plates? Could be drugs, but it could also be an illegals transshipping point. Coyotes bring the illegals this far north and they connect with local employers or another coyote who will take them farther toward their intended destination - or Canada. Because of 'internal borders' (border checkpoints that are many miles inside the actual borders), this is a really common way of human smuggling. I ran into a lot of that in the Ohio and Illinois areas.

It's been almost thirty years since I was in either the drug trafficking or human smuggling businesses (I was on the GOOD guy side), but your best protection might just be to pass on the location(s) to your local sheriff so they can keep an eye out for similar vehicles. New Mexico tags are going to stick out in central Wyoming. If I was still working and knew you had a problem like that, I'd be looking to stop cars like those you described.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:52 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,348,901 times
Oddly enough, looks as though the decapitation-mystery has been solved: Three arrests in Park County headless homicide case - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

Nothing to see here, folks...moving right along...

Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Oddly enough, looks as though the decapitation-mystery has been solved: Three arrests in Park County headless homicide case - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

Nothing to see here, folks...moving right along...
Glad to read that Park County solved that murder from last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming