U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 AM

3,072 posts, read 4,847,196 times

Advertisements

Lived out side of Laramie on a ranch , while in college , had a test County roads were closed . The Rancher drove me to town along the Rail Road tracks, got to a gate with links and padlocks, he told me which one his key would open. Spent the night in town at a friends after the test.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 PM

540 posts, read 1,761,728 times
Applause and an ovation for Elkhunter! Well said!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:17 PM

16,772 posts, read 43,263,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
National news is throwing a fit that the cruiseline didn't have a lifeguard on duty and are saying the cruiseline should be held responsible.

I see something like this, EVERY morning on the news. It never fails.
I agree, there seems to be a growing attitude in our country that someone else, in every situation, should be responsible for our safety. People who are stupid enough to rely on that world view, get hurt. Maybe that is not a bad thing, survival of the fittest and all.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 AM

168 posts, read 303,931 times
My kids are my responsibility. If we took them on a cruise, or any other vacation, then it's up to my husband and I to keep an eye on our child. The way I see it, unless I am PAYING someone to watch my child, then I can't expect anyone else to keep them safe. If I am paying you, then you better be even more anal than I am! :-) Our girls are 12, 11 and 9, and they aren't allowed to go to a friends house unless BOTH my husband and I know BOTH of their parents...and approve. If I don't trust you, I'm sure as hell not going to trust you with my child. Where we live now, I don't trust the vast majority.

As for the snow, we've got a foot out there right now. Schools are all closed, but since my girls are in cyber school, they still have school. Bummer, lol! :-)

Old 02-05-2014, 08:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,747,898 times
Back to the original intent of this thread......it was -25 ambient temp coming into school this morning. It has warmed up to a whopping -21 now. Life goes on as usual at school (except the kids stay in at recess when it is this cold). A bunch of our jr/sr high kids traveled to Greybull early this morning for regional science fair. Kids will still walk from building to building (although not far) for p.e. and music. We got another skiff of snow, but right now it is the cold that is dangerous. It is my opinion that parents are responsible for their kids up to the point that the kids either get to school (if not on a bus) or when they get on the bus. At that point we at school take on the responsibility of their safety until they leave at the end of the day or get off the bus. If we canceled school for every snowstorm or bout of cold we would be in school year 'round!!!!!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 AM

3,072 posts, read 4,847,196 times
when we did travel trip on a school bus , we all took a blanket and usually our own lunch.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:32 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,485,457 times
Always road the bus and took my lunch to school. We always had to bring a change of clothes when snow was forecast for the drive to Maple wood Washington.
Scott

Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 AM

18,696 posts, read 37,991,243 times
28 degrees below zero this morning, schools are starting 2 hours late.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:05 AM

304 posts, read 469,292 times
Why does -28 cause a dely in the schools? The wind is zero. That temperature should be well within the range of going about most business as usual provided appropriate clothing is used - perhaps at a slower pace if you are working outside.

I wouldn't hesitate going for a joyride on the snowsled at that temperature. I have done so many times.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:22 AM

18,696 posts, read 37,991,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Jas View Post
Why does -28 cause a dely in the schools? The wind is zero. That temperature should be well within the range of going about most business as usual provided appropriate clothing is used - perhaps at a slower pace if you are working outside.

I wouldn't hesitate going for a joyride on the snowsled at that temperature. I have done so many times.
Yeah? Wonder if it's because they will plug in bus's this morning, or if they are hard starting when it's -28?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming