U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
 
40 posts, read 63,564 times
Reputation: 53

Advertisements

Contact Governor Mead's office and let him know you don't want a refugee center in your town for high risk refugees from the Congo. This is no joke! The students in the UW Law program are currently studying all of the towns in WY to determine where the best location for the center will be and the center is expected to be ready in one year. While our dumb governor believes he can control how many refugees are sent to WY, it’s not true. Other states have been sent far more than they ever expected. Even a few hundred, all sent to one town, will have devastating consequences on communities social services and rental rates. WY doesn’t have a city/town large enough to absorb the negatives associated with this sort of thing. Please check the link, call the governor’s office, and pass this info on to everyone you know in Wyoming. Send it via email and post it on your Facebook pages.




http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/F...ce-5258658.php



Last edited by Land_Girl; 02-28-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,151 posts, read 2,492,504 times
Reputation: 1367
I think one Wyoming winter the refugee's might not want to stay? On a serious note. I would be very Suspicious of radicals from the Congo Infiltrating into the US this way.
Just my 2 cents.
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Cody, WY
10,046 posts, read 12,135,148 times
Reputation: 20615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Girl View Post
Contact Governor Mead's office and let him know you don't want a refugee center in your town for high risk refugees from the Congo. This is no joke! The students in the UW Law program are currently studying all of the towns in WY to determine where the best location for the center will be and the center is expected to be ready in one year. While our dumb governor believes he can control how many refugees are sent to WY, it’s not true. Other states have been sent far more than they ever expected. Even a few hundred, all sent to one town, will have devastating consequences on communities social services and rental rates. WY doesn’t have a city/town large enough to absorb the negatives associated with this sort of thing. Please check the link, call the governor’s office, and pass this info on to everyone you know in Wyoming. Send it via email and post it on your Facebook pages.
Let's not forget an increase in crime. People from an uncivilized country that has a Marxist history aren't what many voters want here. I'll make it a point to call the governor's office. They do have people whose job is to talk to us and who at least keep a tally of calls for and against bills and other proposals. I doubt if Mead wishes to lose the Republican primary.

Call his office. He is responsive to citizens' opinions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,876 posts, read 13,703,976 times
Reputation: 5229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Let's not forget an increase in crime. People from an uncivilized country that has a Marxist history aren't what many voters want here. I'll make it a point to call the governor's office. They do have people whose job is to talk to us and who at least keep a tally of calls for and against bills and other proposals. I doubt if Mead wishes to lose the Republican primary.

Call his office. He is responsive to citizens' opinions.


thanks HiW, I already have called.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Cabin Creek
3,075 posts, read 4,862,741 times
Reputation: 2167
Former child soldier wants Wyoming refugee office - Times Union
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
 
2,814 posts, read 2,824,816 times
Reputation: 4651
I sure don't have a problem with refugees coming to Wyoming. And, most make decent lives, while a few don't. But, not sure I could support a 1) government-sponsored program (since they tend to mess things up so badly), and 2) plan to make a refugee dense community with the economic opportunities the way they are in Wyoming.

I'd rather refugees continue to arrive as part of a grass roots, sponsored agency.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Cody, WY
10,046 posts, read 12,135,148 times
Reputation: 20615
Do people really believe that these are sweet and innocent people who just wish to make more money here and support their Kenyan president? They won't care if there's never another election.

"Cannibalism has been reported in several recent African conflicts, including the Second Congo War, and the civil wars in Liberiaand Sierra Leone. A UN human rights expert reported in July 2007 that sexual atrocities against Congolese women go "far beyond rape" and include sexual slavery, forced incest, and cannibalism. This may be done in desperation, as during peacetime cannibalism is much less frequent; at other times, it is consciously directed at certain groups believed to be relatively helpless, such as Congo Pygmies, even considered subhuman by some other Congolese. It is also reported by some that witch doctors sometimes use the body parts of children in their medicine. In the 1970s theUgandan dictator Idi Amin was reputed to practice cannibalism."

Cannibalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel Police: Unemployed African refugees turning Tel Aviv beaches into high crime spots Israel News | Haaretz

Australian African Refugee Resources: African refugee crime in Australia so far

Diversity is Chaos: African refugee crime in Massachusetts: A 20 year old Liberian refugee, Charles Monroe, was recently arrested for stalking three teenage girls as they were walking to school in the morning in the Vernon Hill section of Worcester

Cannibalism in the African Congo

Here's one from a Marxist website.

Mass Rape in the Congo: A Crime Against Society | Alternet

Is this what you wish to see in Wyoming?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 02:23 PM
 
2,814 posts, read 2,824,816 times
Reputation: 4651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Do people really believe that these are sweet and innocent people who just wish to make more money here

I no more believe that ^ than I believe they are all evil, incestuous cannibals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Cody, WY
10,046 posts, read 12,135,148 times
Reputation: 20615
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I no more believe that ^ than I believe they are all evil, incestuous cannibals.
I'm not saying that they're all cannibals; but I don't care to take the chance that even one is either a cannibal or some other sort of criminal. We have nothing to gain but everything to lose.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Secure Bunker
5,464 posts, read 2,744,861 times
Reputation: 5246
If the Law students at UW want these people here then the 'refugees' should live with the students, in their rooms and in their buildings. Let THEM help them 'assimilate'. Let's see how that goes before we let anymore in...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top