U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,483,502 times

Advertisements

Another Item to consider is a first aid kit to be carried in his truck. I carry one in my car in the trunk, a full first aid kit. I bought mine at Sam Club. I'm sure you can pick them up anywhere at the big box stores. Never know when you might see or have a Emergency situation on you son's travels. Again safe travels to your son on his journey to Wyoming.
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,752,193 times
I'd give priority to cold/high wind clothing. He probably won't be going camping in the wilderness anytime soon if he's starting a new job. Be aware that boom town parts of Wyoming have little in the way of cheap housing anymore, and plan for that.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM

18,696 posts, read 37,974,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
A packet of self addressed stamped envelopes and stationary or post card stamps.... so he can write to his ma

I was 23 when I made my first "adult" trip to Wyoming...and 28 when I moved out there. Gas can for the car... and a tool kit to keep in the car.. winter survival kit (matches, candles, goodies, etc. in a metal coffee can (if those still exist!)

Good luck to your son
stationary, stamps, writing?????? Metal Coffee can????? Froggie, let me splain to you how times have changed, even in Wyoming.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 AM

8,495 posts, read 14,212,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
stationary, stamps, writing?????? Metal Coffee can????? Froggie, let me splain to you how times have changed, even in Wyoming.
Blogs & Facetime have changed things, but there is nothing finer than a snail mail real live handwritten letter

ps... I still get my coffee in metal cans...

Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,873,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Blogs & Facetime have changed things, but there is nothing finer than a snail mail real live handwritten letter

ps... I still get my coffee in metal cans...

Amen...yes, EH, I realize that with the advent of the tech-savvy generation, the good old fashioned postal service has taken a beating. That said, my 24 year old daughter in Alaska regularly WRITES hand written letters and cards to family, so I know I raised her well. Moms love to hear from their kiddlings, especially when they take the time to write

And now that you mention it, I do have one can of coffee (generic store brand that was on sale) that is unopened but in a metal container. I miss getting my mayo in glass jars...because at least those I could re-can veggies in them!

Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 PM

304 posts, read 468,753 times
One small note. While a GPS is a fantastic tool, it should always be a supplement to and never a substitution for a good compass. My grandfathers and father alike always taught me that unless you had a very good reason otherwise that you should always trust your compass - and any battery-powered electronic gadget is very vulnerable to failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming