U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-18-2014, 03:50 PM
 
10 posts, read 23,440 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Hello

I searched online and can not tell if there are any INDOOR archery ranges in or near Sheridan or Cody?

The few websites say that the Sheridan County Sportsmen's Association has an indoor range but they do not have a website so I can not confirm this.

As for Cody, I found that there is an Archery club but then again no information about an indoor range.

I thank all responses in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2014, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 37,972,081 times
Reputation: 2147483647
The Sportsman's range has an outstanding outdoor range. Not sure about indoor. Been there hundreds of times, but not for archery, so only know what I have seen.

The Sportsman's range is a fairly low dollar range, and by that, I mean that it's very fair priced for a shooting range. There is a club house for functions, a couple indoor ranges (have only been in one), and then there are 6 or 7 rifle/pistol ranges. 21 Shotgun pits. Sheridan hosts the regional championships for Clays. People come from all over and are able to park in the Range's RV park, right across the road. It is only used for the Regionals. There is no range officer as they expect people to watch themselves. The membership was $50 the last time I joined, plus you have to put in some time cleaning the range, building backstops, leveling paths, etc. I think it's 4 hours. There are two days set up for putting in your time, one in the spring, one in the fall, where they have some volunteer construction outfits furnish material, tools, equipments, etc. Can do anything from rake brass to build things. What ever you can handle. It's a great time, but, you can actually sign the book and put in your volunteer time, any time you want. The range has a large gate, with a membership, you get a key. Go use the range anything (daytime only) you want. If you simply want to use it once, you can stop at the house across the road and get a day pass. I think it's $7 to get a key and then you have to drop it off when you are done.

The Rocky Mountain Sports (store) has an indoor range, but it's a gallery type with about 5 shooting positions. Fairly short range and I don't know if it's for people buying and trying, or if you can just walk in, pay a fee and use the range.

Outdoors, there are several places to practice in the County. BLM, State land.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2014, 05:52 PM
 
123 posts, read 233,605 times
Reputation: 73
I will be moving to the Powell/Cody area in June. I joined Bowhunters of Wyoming. They are on facebook.

The following was on FB ......Another one of our affiliate clubs, Cody Archery Club, is having their Cody Fun 3D Shoot this Saturday and Sunday, August 11th and 12th. Contact Kelly Deiss at 307-272-2908 for more on the Facebook page.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 AM
 
304 posts, read 468,753 times
Reputation: 404
This is from a notice I received last evening from the local Chamber of Commerce, "We welcome Wildcat Archery, the new indoor/outdoor archery range going out E. 5th St. (10 Wildcat Road, a mile east of I-90 and the Visitors Center), 752-7856. Wildcat Archery had their grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony last Saturday." This is in Sheridan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Secure, Undisclosed
1,984 posts, read 1,412,880 times
Reputation: 3720
I was in Rocky Mountain Sports in downtown Sheridan this morning. It has an indoor range on the north wall of the store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 AM
 
304 posts, read 468,753 times
Reputation: 404
The front page story in today's [Saturday, April 5th] Sheridan Press is about local indoor archery.

The Sheridan Press » News for Northern Wyoming and Southern Montana
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 37,972,081 times
Reputation: 2147483647
Thanks Wm Jas, that answers some questions.


I wanted to brag a little. When you think of Doctors, you think of uppity, self obsorbed individuals. I wanted to say that I have one of the best doctors in town and one of the things that really impressed me is that he gets his deer, antelope, and elk, every year, with a bow. He is heavy into the outdoors. He was originally a Dr in Sheridan and was selected by the Mayo Clinic to go there. He spent 17 years at the Mayo clinic and wanted to come back home and semi retire. An opening at the VA came available and it was perfect. He didn't have to start up his own office, buy equipment, etc... He could now do what he likes doing and it's a strict 8-4 job, no weekends, with one overnight duty every 3 weeks or so. As he said, "It's perfect, I have plenty enough time for camping, hunting and fishing." But, like I say, all of his hunting is with a bow and he puts meat in the freezer for every tag. Usually a trophy too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,150 posts, read 2,483,502 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The Sportsman's range has an outstanding outdoor range. Not sure about indoor. Been there hundreds of times, but not for archery, so only know what I have seen.

The Sportsman's range is a fairly low dollar range, and by that, I mean that it's very fair priced for a shooting range. There is a club house for functions, a couple indoor ranges (have only been in one), and then there are 6 or 7 rifle/pistol ranges. 21 Shotgun pits. Sheridan hosts the regional championships for Clays. People come from all over and are able to park in the Range's RV park, right across the road. It is only used for the Regionals. There is no range officer as they expect people to watch themselves. The membership was $50 the last time I joined, plus you have to put in some time cleaning the range, building backstops, leveling paths, etc. I think it's 4 hours. There are two days set up for putting in your time, one in the spring, one in the fall, where they have some volunteer construction outfits furnish material, tools, equipments, etc. Can do anything from rake brass to build things. What ever you can handle. It's a great time, but, you can actually sign the book and put in your volunteer time, any time you want. The range has a large gate, with a membership, you get a key. Go use the range anything (daytime only) you want. If you simply want to use it once, you can stop at the house across the road and get a day pass. I think it's $7 to get a key and then you have to drop it off when you are done.

The Rocky Mountain Sports (store) has an indoor range, but it's a gallery type with about 5 shooting positions. Fairly short range and I don't know if it's for people buying and trying, or if you can just walk in, pay a fee and use the range.

Outdoors, there are several places to practice in the County. BLM, State land.
EH, do you know if the sportsmans's range indoor ranges are open all year? I do know its been a while since you were a member.
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 37,972,081 times
Reputation: 2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
EH, do you know if the sportsmans's range indoor ranges are open all year? I do know its been a while since you were a member.
Scott
I have no idea, I've never used the indoor range. The outside ranges are open year round, except 2 days when they have range work going.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,150 posts, read 2,483,502 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I have no idea, I've never used the indoor range. The outside ranges are open year round, except 2 days when they have range work going.
Good deal. Thanks for the info for furture reference.
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top