Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomama2 View Post
It was great! Can't wait to see it again when it is up and running!
Agree. The whole process could take up to five years. After that it will be used for special excursions.
By that time i should be living in Wyoming. Would like to be on one of those special excursions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 04:48 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Agree. The whole process could take up to five years. After that it will be used for special excursions.
By that time i should be living in Wyoming. Would like to be on one of those special excursions.
Not to deviate too far from the thread, but when are you heading out there? I can't imagine Hawaii's cost of living is getting any cheaper.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Not to deviate too far from the thread, but when are you heading out there? I can't imagine Hawaii's cost of living is getting any cheaper.
Yes Froggie Legs. It gets worst every year. Traffic is terrible. The county is building there dream project the elevated rapid transit line serving the City and County of Honolulu. The City and county think this is going to fix the traffic project. It won't. Because too many people drive and drop off there children at school or day care. The line does not go where everyone works in town. I am glad i didn't buy a home while i was in the Navy. The home owners taxes keep going up. Everyone who owns a home both husband and wives work full time and the children also if they are old enough to work.
Looking at 2018 to make the move. That allows me to retire from the Ship yard with 15 years. Just depends on how the economy is doing about that time.
Looking forward to make my first trip to Wyoming for a look. Yes it will be in winter. Will be interesting.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to make my first trip to Wyoming for a look. Yes it will be in winter. Will be interesting.

You've never been to WY? Or just not to WY for a look of potential living spaces?

Old 05-14-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
You've never been to WY? Or just not to WY for a look of potential living spaces?
No, I have never been to Wyoming. My grand mother as a little girl lived on a ranch with her family and always told us stories about Wyoming. I cannot remember where she lived. The family moved on to Washington State later on. Thats where is was born in Renton Washington. But i've always wanted to come and visit Wyoming.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Well I hope you find it as awesome in reality as you do on paper/computer. I've missed it the fourteen years since I moved away.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Well I hope you find it as awesome in reality as you do on paper/computer. I've missed it the fourteen years since I moved away.
Thank You. My first trip will be in a couple of years. Then a follow on trip after that. Its a long trip from Hawaii to Wyoming and $$$. So plan to spend ten days with two days travel time.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
No, I have never been to Wyoming. My grand mother as a little girl lived on a ranch with her family and always told us stories about Wyoming. I cannot remember where she lived. The family moved on to Washington State later on. Thats where is was born in Renton Washington. But i've always wanted to come and visit Wyoming.
Hi Scott... I'm a former Navy man myself. If you make it to the Cheyenne area let me know and I'll be happy to show you around. Cheers!

Tyster

Old 05-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Hi Scott... I'm a former Navy man myself. If you make it to the Cheyenne area let me know and I'll be happy to show you around. Cheers!

Tyster
Thanks Tyster. I'll let you know. I have North, South East , and West Wyoming locations as possible locations to move.
Just depends how the weather will be and how much i will be able to move around during winter.
Will probably make a second trip if i cannot see what area i havent seen yet.

Last edited by ScottStielow; 05-21-2014 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: added information.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:47 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Some comments on the Big Boy... The BB did not have the highest tractive pull of any steam engine. There's some articulated engines that dragged coal back east that could pull more. But those were slow - often not capable of more than 40 mph. The BB, on the other hand, was intended to make the freight get from the east and midwest, to the west coast... FAST.

They were specifically built for the need to move materiel and ordnance from the east and midwest for WWII. And they did do that, and did it well. They weren't stylish, like some of the eastern Railroads built, they were just built for entirely practical purposes... To move trains up and down the mountains without assistance... and do it fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: