Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:24 PM

15 posts, read 17,480 times

Advertisements

Hi I live in Colorado and I am planning a trip to Wyoming, I plan to stay for about a week, maybe two

What do you think would be the most interesting thing to see and do in Wyoming ?
(I've never been)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
a couple of questions:

1) When are you planning to be here?

2) What interests do you have? sightseeing, museums, local history, farming, ranching, extractive industries, local folklore, history of the settlers and development of the area?

3) What activities do you enjoy? are you here to enjoy the outdoors and activities, or are you seeking to be entertained?

4) How important is the lodging/hospitality aspects of your trip? are you expecting 4-star hotels and restaurants and top notch entertainers? or are you seeking local life in bars?

5) Does visiting sites like Devil's Tower or Yellowstone with natural features to see and maybe explore interest you?

6) Do you want to experience the solitude of wide open spaces or remote wilderness type areas? Fishing? Camping?
Backpacking? Hunting?

Essentially, Wyoming has a wide range of cultural, natural, and local interests/resources to check out ... but they're of value only if they are of interest to you.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:48 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Thermop is always worth a stop too

Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSC View Post
Hi I live in Colorado and I am planning a trip to Wyoming, I plan to stay for about a week, maybe two

What do you think would be the most interesting thing to see and do in Wyoming ?
(I've never been)
Yellowstone National Park. Once simply called Wonderland it's considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It's the largest geyser basin in the world. If that's not enough it has boiling mud, steaming lakes and rivers, and holes in the ground belching steam. It's one of the world's major tourist destinations.

There are over three thousand known waterfalls, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and plenty of Grizzlies and Black Bear, Bison, elk, and moose, not to mention wolves. According to taste, people can tour by car, by horse, or hike the backcountry.

Accomodations run from primitive to luxurious.

Fifty miles to the east, Cody is home to the largest museum between Minneapolis and Seattle. Allow at least one full day.

People come from all over the world for the vacation of a lifetime. Come in early June or late September; the weather should be nice and you'll avoid the crowds.

Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone National Park - The Complete Guide to Yellowstone Park

Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody Wyoming

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 04-21-2014 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:40 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
In addition to the above....Sinks Canyon near Lander which leads to a rather pretty loop road through the mountains...and South Pass City (sw of Lander)-where the first female justice of the peace- Esther Hobart Morris- hailed from. (plus it's a rather neat historical site, and close to the Oregon trail.)

Devil's tower was interesting...

Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 PM

467 posts, read 1,890,438 times
Grand Teton National Park

Old 04-22-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
a couple of questions:

1) When are you planning to be here?

2) What interests do you have? sightseeing, museums, local history, farming, ranching, extractive industries, local folklore, history of the settlers and development of the area?

3) What activities do you enjoy? are you here to enjoy the outdoors and activities, or are you seeking to be entertained?

4) How important is the lodging/hospitality aspects of your trip? are you expecting 4-star hotels and restaurants and top notch entertainers? or are you seeking local life in bars?

5) Does visiting sites like Devil's Tower or Yellowstone with natural features to see and maybe explore interest you?

6) Do you want to experience the solitude of wide open spaces or remote wilderness type areas? Fishing? Camping?
Backpacking? Hunting?

Essentially, Wyoming has a wide range of cultural, natural, and local interests/resources to check out ... but they're of value only if they are of interest to you.

1) I plan to leave In Late May/ Early June

2) I am interested in sightseeing, local history, folklore and I am interested in some museums
I could not care less about farming and extractive industries, as for ranching I am sort of interested
But the main purpose of this trip is sightseeing

3) I am going to enjoy the outdoors and the outdoor activities, as for entertainment, not really unless it is something worth my time

4) I suppose I would like good lodging/hospitality, I am not expecting top notch entertainers but a nice accommodation would be nice, and I am not really interested in Bars

5.) Yes it does very much interest me, in fact natural features are the main reason behind this trip

6) Yes I do want to experience the remote wilderness, I am certainly interested in backpacking and I wouldn't mind camping, not really interested in fishing and I have never really tried hunting

Yes they are of interest to me

Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Yellowstone National Park. Once simply called Wonderland it's considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It's the largest geyser basin in the world. If that's not enough it has boiling mud, steaming lakes and rivers, and holes in the ground belching steam. It's one of the world's major tourist destinations.

There are over three thousand known waterfalls, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and plenty of Grizzlies and Black Bear, Bison, elk, and moose, not to mention wolves. According to taste, people can tour by car, by horse, or hike the backcountry.

Accomodations run from primitive to luxurious.

Fifty miles to the east, Cody is home to the largest museum between Minneapolis and Seattle. Allow at least one full day.

People come from all over the world for the vacation of a lifetime. Come in early June or late September; the weather should be nice and you'll avoid the crowds.

Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone National Park - The Complete Guide to Yellowstone Park

Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody Wyoming

I am planning on going in Early June, and it would be nice to have pleasant weather and to avoid the crowds

I will definitely visit Yellowstone
Thanks for The Info
I do hope the roads are O.K !
And ill be sure to pop into Cody !

Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Swim suit and soak at the worlds largest hot springs too

Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times
Jody, Is the Hot springs, the one by your place? When you showed the photo awhile back of the cowboy going to soak in the snow storm without any clothes on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming