U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM

2,151 posts, read 2,493,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
you have to go to Cody for VFW
Jody your information regaurding the location of VFW Chapters and Cody.
That got me to thinking. How many chapters are in the whole state? Will its Five.
Cody, Gillette, Mills (Casper metropolotan area), Green River and Cheyenne.
So where ever I live. Will have to travel if i want to join. Right now i've narrowed my list to
Star Valley, Cody and Sheridan. I probably can find a fence to fix up somewhere, ha,ha,ha.
So i will make a decision on the VFW after i get moved later on.
Will look into town assications also.
Thanks for the Information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 06:38 AM

3,076 posts, read 4,865,379 times
There a VFW in Star Valley, there is no bar , but they do all the funeral where a military guard is needed and all the Cemetery (11) and a memorial at the river for navy on Memorial Day .

Old 05-01-2014, 06:41 AM

List of VFW Posts of Wyoming

Old 05-01-2014, 06:45 AM

My daughter won State VFW a few years ago and got a nice scholarship check for this picture , it went on to Nationals , didn't place and it was damaged when we got it back . She gave it to the local VFW.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 AM

18,696 posts, read 38,054,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Jody your information regaurding the location of VFW Chapters and Cody.
That got me to thinking. How many chapters are in the whole state? Will its Five.
Cody, Gillette, Mills (Casper metropolotan area), Green River and Cheyenne.
So where ever I live. Will have to travel if i want to join. Right now i've narrowed my list to
Star Valley, Cody and Sheridan. I probably can find a fence to fix up somewhere, ha,ha,ha.
So i will make a decision on the VFW after i get moved later on.
Will look into town assications also.
Thanks for the Information.
Quote:
Good thing Jody posted the list, when you said there are 5 and didn't list Sheridan, I thought I was going to have to stop going there. hahaha

Sheridan has a very active VFW as well as a very active American Legion. The Legion has live music every weekend.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:08 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,754,740 times
My family has been involved with VFW for many years. My sister has held several national offices in the VFW Auxiliary, has been Montana State President, etc. It is a big deal for us

Old 05-01-2014, 08:27 AM

5,408 posts, read 5,379,027 times
Quote:
My daughter won State VFW a few years ago and got a nice scholarship check for this picture , it went on to Nationals , didn't place and it was damaged when we got it back . She gave it to the local VFW.
Congrats on your daughter's talent and scholarship. I'd be interested to hear the story of what she drew. It looks like a Red Army officer or NVA officer, and perhaps his wife...but against a field of U.S. fallen warrior caskets.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,754,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Congrats on your daughter's talent and scholarship. I'd be interested to hear the story of what she drew. It looks like a Red Army officer or NVA officer, and perhaps his wife...but against a field of U.S. fallen warrior caskets.
Yes, it is a great drawing!!!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Your daughters picture is very good. Figures it would get damaged when it was returned from the VFW Nationals. Does your daughter still draw, she's really talented.

Thanks for the VFW Post list. Looks like not too much drive after all.
I went to the main VFW list. Guess i looked at the wrong list.
Should have put down VFW Posts in Wyoming.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Good thing Jody posted the list, when you said there are 5 and didn't list Sheridan, I thought I was going to have to stop going there. hahaha

Sheridan has a very active VFW as well as a very active American Legion. The Legion has live music every weekend.
Thank you EH. You do not have to stop going to the VFW in Sheridan, hahaha. I went to the Main VFW Page and selected Wyoming chapters. I guess after Jodys list should have looked for VFW Posts.
Real good information about the local VFW post, and the American Legion in Sheridan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming