Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,403,755 times

Advertisements

I saw a video tonight on KIDK, in Idaho Falls, about the woman who was hoarding 53 canines and picked up in Cheyenne. I found the story but cannot find the video anywhere. About 12 of us in Bonneville County, which is close to Jackson, have had canines abducted in the past month.

This Kimi Peck seems to travel with her 5th Wheel with her 50+ canines. A lady from CA was reunited with 2 canines abducted over 5 years ago.

My Cocker-Spaniel has a Microchip and there have been no calls on her chip. Please, if you know how or where to find this video, please post it. There is one cage I need to see again!

Here's the story, I just couldn't find the video.

Rescued Dogs Doing Well

I'll be calling the Cheyenne Shelter tomorrow.

Thank you all for anything you can add

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,241,880 times
Sorry to report MSR. That according to Cheyenne kgwn 5. Kimi Peck was a no show at court today.
Running somewhere! Hopefully some good news in your search for your dog. Good luck on your search.
Kimi Peck a no-show in court

Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 AM

11,550 posts, read 53,049,707 times
one might note that the rabies vaccination in this area is a big deal right now.

Weld County has already had an early season outbreak of rabies in skunks this year, with at least 6 reported skunk cases so far. They're taking it seriously enough as a threat that they're holding a free rabies vaccination clinic this weekend at Island Grove Park for up to two pets (dogs and cats) per household. Typically, the reported cases are but a fraction of the total actual cases in the wildlife population.

What they don't mention is that there's a new strain of more virulent rabies in the area which has the health control authorities pretty alarmed.

There was recent notification of the presence of this strain in Laramie county and an advisory to get pets/livestock vaccinated again with the updated vaccine, even if they weren't otherwise due for this.

The threat of this new strain is serious. We had our vet out to vaccinate our dogs/cats, and she mentioned that if a pet is suspected of being bitten, they must be quarantined for 120 days if without proof of the updated vaccination. Cost at their clinic for a dog was $2,700 for the mandatory quarantine stay. With over a dozen resident barn cats, our house cats, LGD's and working cattle/sheep dogs ... we have a lot of exposure potential to the rabies of the wildlife in the area, with a sizable skunk population always present. The new strain is readily transmittable by domesticated pets to humans.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM

3,645 posts, read 6,256,668 times
Wild Life Services , usually try to trap and test 5 skunks in each county every year.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:16 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,403,755 times
Default No Need to be Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Sorry to report MSR. That according to Cheyenne kgwn 5. Kimi Peck was a no show at court today.
Running somewhere! Hopefully some good news in your search for your dog. Good luck on your search.
Kimi Peck a no-show in court
Scott,

No need to be sorry. I think many in the Intermountain West aren't aware of mobile animal hoarders. If nothing else, I'm going to make my own experience an opportunity to educate others that people like this woman feel comfortable in our area. Pets may have to have extra safeguards, which nauseates me and also makes me angry others feel free to steal what isn't theirs.

Thanks for your good wishes. I know you hope I can get my girl back. You've been very supportive.

And yes, I saw that headline. Honestly, I couldn't tolerate reading it. I'm afraid she may have taken off to collect a new group of canines.

Thanks, Scott.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming