Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times

Advertisements

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...19&oe=557BFC97

Yesterday Governor Matt Mead signed Senate File 12 - Trespassing to Collect data. Left to right: Representative David Miller; Senator Larry Hicks, Senator Dave Kinskey, Bobbie Frank, WACD Executive Director, Representative Rita Campbell, Jim Magagna, Wyoming Stock Growers. The Association extends our thanks and appreciation to the Governor and the Legislature for the passage of this bill. — at Wyoming State Capitol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 11:00 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,219 times
Jody. What does the bill do? Didn't here anything about the bill. But then i am not getting any news papers from Wyoming yet.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:40 PM

came about because group trespassed to collect water samples. They had been told not to trespass. There also a law suit going on right now.
Landowners File Trespass Lawsuit Against Western Watersheds Project | Budd-Falen Law Offices, L.L.C.

here is the bill

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2015/bills/SF0012.pdf

Old 03-07-2015, 12:11 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
came about because group trespassed to collect water samples. They had been told not to trespass. There also a law suit going on right now.
Landowners File Trespass Lawsuit Against Western Watersheds Project | Budd-Falen Law Offices, L.L.C.

here is the bill

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2015/bills/SF0012.pdf
Fascinating. You really think you can modulate the right on passage of open land based upon the intent of the passer?

Only in Wyoming.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Fascinating. You really think you can modulate the right on passage of open land based upon the intent of the passer?

Only in Wyoming.
there are maps, you are responsible to know where you are. Not any different then cutting across your back yard day in day out.
there are a lot of trespass tickets issued during hunting season, And if you smart enough to gps a water sample on a creek you are smart enough to ask permission to trespass.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
there are maps, you are responsible to know where you are. Not any different then cutting across your back yard day in day out.
there are a lot of trespass tickets issued during hunting season, And if you smart enough to gps a water sample on a creek you are smart enough to ask permission to trespass.
In almost all of the country including most of the west trespass requires the land be posted. And I am aware of no statute that requires one to carry a gps.

And there are virtually no places where the trespass is based upon why you are there.

I presume this is actually some war over land use. The claim of the owner or licensee of the right to pollute or degrade both what is owned and what is leased.

But attempting to prevent the collection of water samples...my stars. One would think the ranchers have something to hide.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Only in Wyoming.
Its not open, but instead they are crossing private land.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Its not open, but instead they are crossing private land.
Fenced or posted? Not the way I read it. But perhaps I misinterpreted.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:35 AM

6-3-303. Criminal trespass; penalties.

(a)A person is guilty of criminal trespass if he enters or remains on or in the land or premises of another person, knowing he is not authorized to do so, or after being notified to depart or to not trespass. For purposes of this section, notice is given by:

(i)Personal communication to the person by the owner or occupant, or his agent, or by a peace officer; or

(ii)Posting of signs reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.

(b)Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, a fine of not more than seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00), or both.

(c)This section does not supersede W.S. 1-21-1003.

the law suit the people were told they couldn't trespass
(i)Personal communication to the person by the owner or occupant, or his agent, or by a peace officer; or

What ever happen to respect of another's property?
you are responsible to know where you are, BLM, Game and Fish both have maps showing private from BLM, Forest Service , Bureau of reclamation, School Sections, So there really no excuse to trespass on Private land. Not being able to read a map in not an excuse.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:38 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,072 times
99.9% of the Ranchers (private land-owners) that I've worked for over the past 22 yrs have nothing to hide, but they aren't so naiive as to actually believe that the liberal/progressive 'enviro-natzis' are really only collecting water-samples as a means to 'protect the environment'.

We know what's really going on (hidden agendas), and we will not be moved.

My advice ? PACK A LUNCH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: