Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 AM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
Success. Thanks for all of the helpful replies.

We just got back. We found a rental that punches two of the three real estate boxes: well-located, affordable, big enough for the family. We're about 200-300 sq ft short of what I'd like, but that's life.

Jodywy's suggestion of the Natural Bridge was a winner with the wife and kids. My little guy liked the falls at Rotary Park and the Tate. My girl liked the playground at her school and the rental place. Go figure. Like KillerK says, Casper looks to be a great place in terms of city amenities and centrally located to other Wyoming sites. Boom-pa's suggestion of looking in the older part of town to cut down on the wind goes without saying. Casper has a lot of that 1920's craftsman bungalow thing that my wife and I love.
I'm peeking in here at your thread

Thanks for checking back and would love to hear how you're settling in, and how you like the people in Casper!
I always enjoy reading the Wyoming forum. Seem like good people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 08:33 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I'm peeking in here at your thread

Thanks for checking back and would love to hear how you're settling in, and how you like the people in Casper!
I always enjoy reading the Wyoming forum. Seem like good people.
X2!
Keep us all informed, OP. You're part of the Wyoming Board on CD now!!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:26 PM

138 posts, read 172,130 times
After about 1,200 miles in the moving truck, we're here. The truck has been unloaded. The boxes are slowly coming unpacked. I've already been to work to set up for the upcoming school year.

The kids are adjusting, but it's going to take time. My wife likes the mountain for orienting herself in town. I cannot believe how thirsty I've been the last day or two. The altitude is really getting to me, but I guess that's a price worth paying for a big sky filled with stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming