Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2006, 02:02 PM

6 posts, read 44,961 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if there is anyone on this forum that live's in Jackson Hole Wyoming. I have seen plenty of post's about other cities, and I realize that Jackson Hole is a tourist area.
I would like information regarding several if not more issues related to the area that is not available on line through newspapers and other venues.
Is it that expensive to live there, whether you rent or buy?
Is there jobs available year round, and what is considered the best time of year to move to the area?
I am in hotel industry as is my fiance, amoung other skills we have besides that one are to numerous to list. I would prefer working in the industry I am in the middle of my Hospitality Management course now, and my fiance well he would be happy with anything.
We are used to the coldness of the winters, and well to be frank are sick and tired of what is happening to the State of Florida where we currently live.
Jobs are getting low and WOW property whethering renting or buying is OUT LANDISH.
Anyone with a helpful word that could send somthing our way, we would be very grateful to you.
Thank you for your time and patience.
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2006, 04:55 PM

919 posts, read 1,901,944 times
jackson hole area is more exspensive than vail CO. check out the city data on prices. if you dont own acouple of motels, good luck!

Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,806,707 times
There has been a saying in wyoming for a few years. With all the billionaires moving into jackson. It's pushing all the millionaires out. Into everywhere else.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:34 AM

3 posts, read 8,961 times
Default Your too Funny!

Darling,

Jackson Hole is just about one of the most exclusive places in all the world! I don't know anyone who doesn't live in a million dollar house and I'm talking a cabin or a shack. Double wides on the outskirts go for a half a million. Most of the homes I've had dinner in are about 10,000,000.00 plus. It is fabulous but it is for the super rich now, honey. You will have to live in Idaho and drive over the pass. I always stay at Amangani when I visit. The Four Seasons is rather nice too.

Your going to the wrong place if your on a budget and are trying to get away from high prices. My architect there tells me the city has some sort of Charity program for the the no so rich that allows them affordable housing to keep workers in the area but it is extremely difficult to get and you have to live there for a period of time and have a local sponsor. It is all fabulously elitist! I love it.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,247,600 times
Default Jackson

Jackson is very, very expensive. If you don't have tons of money you can't afford it. Many people live in ID or out of Jackson and commute in for work. A friend of ours just sold his mother's old double-wide (on a lot in town) for 560,000. The trailer was junked and now the buyers are having a new home built on the lot. Hope this gives you some idea of what it's like there.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM

592 posts, read 2,235,249 times
Have you considered some of the boom towns ? Gillette, Rock Springs, Pinedale ?
In these places the folks who used to work in the hospitality industries are going into industrial jobs , for the pay. I am sure there are lots of openings in your line of work there due to the boom. ( Pinedale is one of the bedroom communities to Jackson too. ) Wyomiles
PS Rosewood you made me smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming