Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 04:38 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
So what do you think...like her or is she too progressive?

Cheney runs for Wyoming's US House seat, to announce Monday | Fox News
I didn't realize Lummis was retiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 06:17 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
I caught some of her interview this AM on KGAB 650.

She was highly indignant about her Wyoming links and residency even being questioned. She said it offended her to even have that questioned.

Made a big deal about how "....(my) children are going to school here and are 5th generation Wyomingites. I doubt that most of the people questioning my connections to Wyoming have such deep roots here."

What I did not hear in that interview was that she had a grasp of current issues in Wyoming. I came away with a sense of entitlement on her part rather than competency and knowledge.

I think she's got a long way to go to convince a lot of folk here that she's really concerned or knowledgeable about Wyoming today. She fell far short of that mark for me today.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:10 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
She figures the rubes here in Wyoming will fall for anything a smart big city wants to feed us. After all she IS a cheney...

Old 02-13-2016, 07:20 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Wyomingites have a greater sense, I should hope. Wondering, does Wyoming generally elect "establishment" types or are they more open to giving "the little guy" or the "rogue" candidates a chance? For example, what is the feeling for the presidential election? Are more supporting Trump for his "out of the box, say anything" ways, or Cruz for the conservative and evangelical strengths, or Rubio for his more establishment supported agenda?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 PM

99 posts, read 149,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Wyomingites have a greater sense, I should hope. Wondering, does Wyoming generally elect "establishment" types or are they more open to giving "the little guy" or the "rogue" candidates a chance? For example, what is the feeling for the presidential election? Are more supporting Trump for his "out of the box, say anything" ways, or Cruz for the conservative and evangelical strengths, or Rubio for his more establishment supported agenda?
I think Wyoming typically votes for whomever is not a dingbat. In recent memory we've had Republican governors as well as democrats. Both parties seem to make surges here and there, though obviouslt most of the state is right leaning.

As for the presidential race currently, MOST of my friends seem to despise Hillary as much as Trump. I hang out at a busy cigar shop and shoot the bull with dozens of patrons on a frequent basis. Most are undecided as of late and seem to cringe at the thought of ANY candidate currently.

Of course our two electoral votes will go to the republican nominee regardless, so I don't figure it matters much anyway.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:07 AM

234 posts, read 266,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming_Medic View Post
I think Wyoming typically votes for whomever is not a dingbat. In recent memory we've had Republican governors as well as democrats. Both parties seem to make surges here and there, though obviouslt most of the state is right leaning.

As for the presidential race currently, MOST of my friends seem to despise Hillary as much as Trump. I hang out at a busy cigar shop and shoot the bull with dozens of patrons on a frequent basis. Most are undecided as of late and seem to cringe at the thought of ANY candidate currently.

Of course our two electoral votes will go to the republican nominee regardless, so I don't figure it matters much anyway.
Just a minor detail but Wyoming has 3 electoral votes (the minimum for any state -- 1 for our representative and 2 for our senators).

Old 03-29-2016, 11:00 AM

51 posts, read 66,338 times
Liz is not polling very well. Sheridan Media conducted a poll with 890 responses and Liz was favored by only 34%. In comments to articles in the Casper StarTrib, one person claimed they have never talked to anyone that would vote for her, and another person mentioned their own poll of something like 300 people and Liz was at 40%.

A lot of people are watching Leland Christensen and Tim Stubson.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:06 PM

99 posts, read 149,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrighterDays View Post
Just a minor detail but Wyoming has 3 electoral votes (the minimum for any state -- 1 for our representative and 2 for our senators).
Duly noted. Thanks for the reminder.

One of those small details that skips my mind every so often.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 PM

138 posts, read 172,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdIQ View Post
A lot of people are watching Leland Christensen and Tim Stubson.
Those are the only two I've seen any coverage of that didn't wonder about their residency. Everyone else, nothing, but I'm not really paying attention either.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:59 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Eyes on Wyoming again... GOP leaders brace for new war of words over delegates ahead of Wyoming contest | Fox News

How do you think it will go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming