Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:33 PM

67 posts, read 149,043 times

Advertisements

I personally don't use but it seems like the tax money generated
could help our state with revenue.
Anyone think it could happen here ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 06:14 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,667 times
It will happen there.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:34 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,290,042 times
yeah like the few million the lottery makes....

Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
It is difficult to get facts, even simple cost/benefit numbers on it. IME, any short-term benefit dollar wise is not worth the long-term harm and harder to account for costs.

There is Marinol available legally. Spare us the side effects of pot.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:00 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
I don't see it, though some who have lived here longer than we have say that the state, which is reeling from revenue decreases from the energy industry, will consider just about anything.

My thinking is the state has such a significant bugaboo about alcohol that they won't approve another intoxicant. The state mandates that all alcohol must be bought from them; the number of liquor licenses is controlled by the state and distributed based on population and the governor's office controls a slush fund paid out to police departments to hire back officers on overtime for DUI enforcement.

Moreover, the governor of Colorado has come out and said his state's approval of marijuana was a mistake. The governors talk.

I just don't see them approving another intoxicant right now.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:52 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
I don't see it, though some who have lived here longer than we have say that the state, which is reeling from revenue decreases from the energy industry, will consider just about anything.

My thinking is the state has such a significant bugaboo about alcohol that they won't approve another intoxicant. The state mandates that all alcohol must be bought from them; the number of liquor licenses is controlled by the state and distributed based on population and the governor's office controls a slush fund paid out to police departments to hire back officers on overtime for DUI enforcement.

Moreover, the governor of Colorado has come out and said his state's approval of marijuana was a mistake. The governors talk.

I just don't see them approving another intoxicant right now.

He no longer feels that way. Over the last year, he's come around quite a bit. Still not a raving proponent, but definitely more openminded on the subject. Maybe it's the 10s of thousands of dollars in donations he accepts from the marijuana industry every year...

What Colorado's Governor Wants America to Know About Legalizing Weed - Mic

Old 04-28-2016, 06:57 PM

138 posts, read 172,243 times
While it wouldn't surprise me to see recreational marijuana happen here, I've not heard any one discuss it here either.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:47 AM

242 posts, read 276,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
While it wouldn't surprise me to see recreational marijuana happen here, I've not heard any one discuss it here either.
Judging by the highway patrol searching them entering and trying to leave Wyoming (to/from colorado) I'd say it isn't happening anytime soon.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:40 AM

83 posts, read 95,817 times
It really has become somewhat of a scourge. Its everywhere and in some respects I suppose as some claim that it prevents harder drugs from taking hold - but in practicality I see more needles every day now than I did 4 years ago - many more... I drive a commuter train in a metro area- so I see junkies and needles daily. On the train, on the seats, broken off on the seats, on the platform, everywhere.

My humble opinion is it has dumb'd down the population, provided a gateway drug to our youth which is not a direction I think will benefit us as a nation or community. I hope Wyoming toes the line.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:02 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post

My humble opinion is it has dumb'd down the population, provided a gateway drug to our youth which is not a direction I think will benefit us as a nation or community. I hope Wyoming toes the line.
Thanks. Me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming