Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times

Advertisements

I was just curious if anyone else had caught the flu?

My family is just getting over it, it was awful!
My 3 year old got a fever of 103...

I got the mildest symptoms... and my husband got it really bad...

My hubby's co-worker took his daughter in for a check up and the Dr. told him people are getting sick left and right and to watch his kids... Because people all over Sheridan right now are catching the flu...

My husband heard a couple guys were out sick in another HVAC company in town... and a handful of other people had gotten sick...

So I was curious if any of you have caught it yet? If not beware...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I had it 2 weeks ago and ended up in the hospital. My tenant come down sick yesterday and went to the VA. Doctor said that he was about the hundredth person seen this week with the flu. So yeah, it sounds like it's hit.

Gives new meaning to the handy wipes the grocery stores have so you can wipe down the basket or cart handle.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,180 times
Buffalo and Gillette are getting hit too. My wife talked to other moms in her MOPS group who have sick kids at home. And several guys I work with in Gillette had/have it. As for me, I was shot up so many times in the military with different vaccines, I haven't caught the flu in over 10 years. Maybe I have a strong immune system, maybe I'm lucky. But I am getting over a pretty nasty week-long cold that had some flu-like symptoms like aching joints.

Glad you're feeling better now ElkHunter.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 PM

Thanks.

There was a few days that I thought I'd have to get better just in order to die.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 PM

208 posts, read 909,763 times
I hear everybody over in Sheridan is sick....

Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
My hubby was almost over the flu and went to work a day too early, worked on a walk in freezer and on a roof top unit and the poor guy caught bronchitis which the Dr at urgent care in Sheridan also told him is also going around town...

I guess there are notices up one at urgent care and some Dr's offices warning of the flu outbreak...

My poor husband is on a steriod and an antibiotic for the infection in the back of his throat and bronchitis.

I hope everyone stays well...

I will now be definitely be using those grocery store wipes Elkhunter!!!
I usually forget to grab one, but now I am on a mission to stay away from germs..

It was weird though that I didn't get but cold like symptoms and ache all over for a couple days and I am almost over it already... yet the rest of my family was really miserable...

I hope everyone stays well and healthy...

Ps. Did anyone who got sick, get a flu shot this year and it didn't work? Just curious... I hear people all the time that get a flu shot and get sick anyways...

Old 02-16-2008, 08:39 AM

There was an article in the paper recently that said the flu shot was only effective on 40% of the different strains of flu. The rest of them, the shot had no effect on.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 AM

215 posts, read 667,945 times
I work in the healthcare field and I get a flu shot each year. I have never gotten the flu since I started getting the shots. I do get the occasional cold but never flu. I am not sure if I am just lucky but I would recommend the shot. I would also recommend the liquid hand santizer to be used quite frequently during this time of year. Not only for flu but colds and some other really nastly things that are out there. I just believe you can never be too careful, especially if you have small children or someone who is immune compromised living in your home.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,949 times
Hope everyone's feeling better... Yikes.

Something's going around here at the elementary school nearby. Kids throwing up at school, stomach aches, going home sick. The other day my son's teacher was out sick. They had a sub in the morning who was replaced by someone else. Then that sub threw up right there in front of the kids, no warning. My son said the poor kid sitting right in front of her was amazingly quick to react. Pretty much flew/scooted backwards, his desk falling over him, but he was okay, it probably protected him. So they had another sub.

My family has been fine so far (knock on wood like my grandmother used to do). We didn't get the flu shot. I haven't ever had the flu shot. And have only had it twice in my life so far. It's miserable when it hits though. Wish you all good health. Very glad you're still with us Elkhunter, and hope your family feels lots better soon Kristynwy.

Didn't know they had wipes at the grocery store for people to use. I just Purell when I get in the car and don't itch my face while I'm in the store.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:28 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
It's everywhere. I never ever get silly little colds or flus but I got this one and bad. This one is a killer. Everywhere I go in my daily travels some one is complaining about having the flu.

I watch a lot of NBA Basketball. On several occasions the announcers have said almost 40% of all the NBA players are out with the flu. Today is the All Star game. Quite a few star players will not make it due to the flu. They have already arranged to get second choice players to fill the roster.

The cough and fever is the worst part. I cant stand it. My flu is 2 weeks old now and im sick of it.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming