Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 AM

18 posts, read 57,632 times

Advertisements

plainsman48--I truly believe that doing nothing is a person's way of avoiding failure. Never stand up, never "lose". You give big business and government the go ahead when you do nothing. Trust me, changes have been made due to one letter. I've seen it.
Gateway is sending out letters on a hole-boring project to test the soil for the ability of the hold the transmission towers. This is causing confusion and many calls to the BLM. If you have such a letter, check the BLM Gateway website for the person to contact. As far as I can tell, the BLM just wants access across private land to BLM land so as to go the shortest distance.
Please remember--many of the people working on this do NOT want to go through a subdivision which they state they did not know existed (yes, that is possible in Wyoming). If you send letters asking them to go around the subdivision, it truly may help. I do believe that Pacificorp, etc really don't want to take the lands in WyTex. Remind them why you live or bought land in WyTex and suggest they follow the alternate routes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,416 times
Default wytex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCN View Post
Howdy neighbors -

My name is Paul I own parcel 58B. To those near me I look forward to hopefully meeting you some day. I'm a friendly fella and always willing to help out if I can. I'm a hunter/explorer and plan to use this land for a base camp a couple weeks a year. I expect to be there this summer with my dog Jake doing the tent thing. If you see a Cabela's Expedition tent rolling by your land give a yell as I might be in it!!

I've owned this section for a year but have spent the last 15 years in different parts of Wyoming. While there are some apparently very unhappy folks here I'd like to thank them for their perspective and honesty. The information they provide helps everyone make what they hope is the best decision.

Living with wind is a fact in Wyoming. Pull your cowboy hat down tigher. Weather is something you endure and learn to cope with. If you don't it can be miserable and there are some lousy experiences posted on this thread.

I may consider this location for a permant log cabin but will need more time to investigate what is needed to make it work. Solar power is good, so is a generator and wood burning stove. In all my years of exploring this great country, I've never seen snow make it's way through double pane glass. Has this happened to other cabin owners in the area?

What is most disturbing though are stories of theft and vandalism. I'm sure those who have lived in this area their whole lives can provide some input but I hope these are isolated issues and not a growing trend.

Take care y'all,
Paul
Hey PAUL,
We own 76c and love it. We only use it for it's intended purpose, occasionally to escape the rat race. Sounds like you do the same. People are funny to expect to come and live here. They must be looking for something cheap and blame someone else for their lack of research. Will look for you when we are out there. We look forward to each visit. Will be living in Fla. for the winter and be back to Kansas for the summer so until next year have fun at Wytex. Hope to hear from you soon.
Russ and Cindy

Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,980 times
BLM pushes power and pipelines towards private property

Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 AM

363 posts, read 1,043,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
BLM pushes power and pipelines towards private property
Because they don't want it interfering with their agenda.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbrew View Post
Does anyone know of a ranch in or around Sheridan,Wyoming associated with folks by the last name Flash? Morgan Flash?? I met Morgan Last year and was told that his mom might be interested in a good hand! Please let me know. Thanks!
The Wytex ranch thread is not the place to post such a question. It is quite a distance from Wytex to Sheridan. Your question would be better asked in a new thread, or at least in a thread related to Sheridan, if there is one that is appropriate.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM

It's antelope season and your neighbors and those hunters who drove past the "no trespassing"
sign want to thank you for having 35 or more acre of your land that they can drive over and hunt on. For those of you who picture antelope peacefully grazing on your land need to adjust that vision to antelope running from the 4WD that is pursuing them across your land. You may switch back to the peaceful grazing scene at the end of October.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 PM

59 posts, read 239,878 times
Well we have had a fantastic summer and fall this year. It stayed green a long time and the antelope babies have grown fast. The coyotes are howling most nights and the stars a beautiful. We've had generator problems, and hoping the repairs will be complete before long, but also will have another big one as a backup. We had the 5th wheel skirted this summer, and we also stacked new straw bales in front of that, so it should be easier to keep it warmer so nothing freezes. We did freeze up briefly last winter, but thawed out with no damage. The roads stayed frozen, but not drifted, so we were able to drive in & out all winter. We have new neighbors who moved out here this year, and have met many other nice land owners. We look forward to meeting new folks. The stories of vandalism and theft are isolated. We love Wytex all year around and hope others will too. For the most part hunters are no problem if they stay on the roads. Some have damaged private property by driving over the prairie, or littering. Road maintenance is done by the land owners, not the county or state. If the roads are wet, try not to drive them, because it leaves deep ruts and mud hole, and somebody has to repair them. You can hunt on land you own, but need written permission to hunt on other privately owned property. If we all work togeter, everyone can be happy. There's room for many people out here!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 PM

375 posts, read 1,381,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbzlady View Post
You can hunt on land you own, but need written permission to hunt on other privately owned property.
But don't forget to buy a hunting license!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 PM

375 posts, read 1,381,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
Please remember--many of the people working on this do NOT want to go through a subdivision which they state they did not know existed (yes, that is possible in Wyoming). If you send letters asking them to go around the subdivision, it truly may help. I do believe that Pacificorp, etc really don't want to take the lands in WyTex. Remind them why you live or bought land in WyTex and suggest they follow the alternate routes.

Baloney - they'll just use the time honored way around the law. Shortest distance between my land and the powerlines was across Fed-State land first and- "eminent domain" is what they used to cross our land - homesteaded land (early 1800's) to get to the destination. Y'all are just newcomers. Just like back 'East' when things didn't go their way - they made you move.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 AM

Default Roads open?

Can anyone tell me if there are roads open in and out of WyTex right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming