Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere View Post
Just a mile or two south would suit me just fine.
What are the consequences in a move like that? Is it harder terrain, different owners, better view, completely out of sight, etc...?

I am asking because I am not familiar with the Wytex Ranch area or where they are wanting to run the lines. Nobody wants power lines within view, me included, however, I also understand that they have to run somewhere and periodically, I have lived places that had a power line close by. Wasn't my first choice of an area, but wasn't bad enough to stop me from living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 8,430 times
The choice of the location was made for two reasons that I understand. First the minimum expenditure by the transmission line company, meaning a straight line given the terrain. Second, was that they went between two sage grouse lek areas, which is understandable. The terrain a few miles south is very much the same and it is also the same land owner as the proposed route. I would guess that if a change were made it would increase installation cost because of some added "turns" in the line to stay between the two leks. I would just rather not have to look at them if possible.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:05 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
it also easier to route thru private ground then public

Old 12-20-2015, 11:22 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,178 times
Default You wytex folks still around?

It has been a while and I was just wondering if any of you wytex folks are still around?

How are things out there?

My brother just bought 35 acres a little further north of you all, so I will be driving up marshall and Ninemile roads once in a while.

Just wondering if there is only one entrance to the Wytex ranch, on the north side? The google maps make it look like there might be a southern entrance but it is hard to tell.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:27 AM
PCN

21 posts, read 51,057 times
Yes, I'm still around but not often enough unfortunately . Haven't been to WyTex this year but I use it as a base camp for now. You can access it from the south at Marshall road before Medicine Bow.

Paul

Old 06-12-2016, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,036 times
Default bzbzlady ... Are you still in WYTEX? :-)

"11-29-2006, 09:57 PM
bzbzlady started this thread

Acres and acres of land for sale. Does anyone know what is planned for this area? It has been selling since about 1998. Looks like it is primarily used to graze cattle. There are a couple of roads, but nothing else out there except antelope."

I have been reading, with great interest, this thread...from its beginning by "bzbzlady" in November of 2006...to the last post on page 25 of this thread! What a "journey" this has been! I, too, found some online Wyoming "land for sale" located in WYTEC, and my Google search led me to City-Data.com and this particular thread.

I am so curious to see how you and your husband are doing in WYTEC, bzbzlady, and hoping that you still read this forum and will see my post to you! :-)

Old 06-22-2016, 08:17 AM
PCN

From what I found before purchasing, this area was a very large cattle ranch started by a cowboy who came up from Texas. I don't know how many years it was in operation but it was apparently sold and broken into smaller sections in the mid 90's.

There is a power project running through the area called Gateway West. Landowners receive updates on it's progress. Gateway West Transmission Line Project - Home

I've spent several weeks at a time on the land and its extremely peaceful and quiet. 4G service is also very strong if that's a concern. The folks I've met over the years in and around Medicine Bow and very friendly.

Best of luck.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little pony View Post
I bought 106 acres a couple of years ago at wytex. Finally, we are going to start building a place this summer. Waiting for the well paperwork to go through at the moment. Then we are going to have a fun time trying to get someone out there this summer to drill. Seems that we are always waiting for something.
We are from California and plan to retire there someday. Till then, it will be our summer home. Southern CA is getting too expensive and crime filled. During the summer, people start going crazy in the heat and are always angry. We need to get out of CA. Ill put up with snow any day instead of these idiots. We cant even let the kids leave thier bikes in a fenced yard without worrying about them getting stolen.
I am looking forward to meeting my new nieghbors at wytex also. I would like to be part of a good place to be proud of. It is a beautiful place. It is going to take a long time to build but it will be worth it. We plan to build a decient mini ranch/farm there.
We have been watching the population growth creeping towards Wytex. Within the next 10 years, there should be quite a lot of housing poping up. Just look what has been happening all around. The area around ft collins grew within just 2 years. Gillette is getting tons of people this past year. Casper is getting alot of the overflow of people already. We are not that far from casper. You cant stop so called progress.
Same problem here in San Francisco Bay Area except it's worse here than Southern CA.
Too many fish in the tank. Overpopulation problem with people competing for everything from parking spaces, jobs, housing to shooting people over parking spaces. Cost of living way too high and cannot go anywhere without waiting in a very long line or stuck in a traffic jam at all hours of the day. Now they are taxing soda here along with plastic bag ban. You have to bring your own grocery bag or pay extra for grocery bags from stores. Parking meters now accept credit cards via smartphone so that tells you we pay too much for parking if there is any available. We are being nickel and dimed to death by all of these tactics. Too many restrictions here.
Hollow point bullets have been banned in San Francisco. No more gun stores in San Francisco.
Where ever we go will have to be the complete opposite of all of this.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCN View Post
From what I found before purchasing, this area was a very large cattle ranch started by a cowboy who came up from Texas. I don't know how many years it was in operation but it was apparently sold and broken into smaller sections in the mid 90's.

There is a power project running through the area called Gateway West. Landowners receive updates on it's progress. Gateway West Transmission Line Project - Home

I've spent several weeks at a time on the land and its extremely peaceful and quiet. 4G service is also very strong if that's a concern. The folks I've met over the years in and around Medicine Bow and very friendly.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the info, PCN!

Old 10-04-2016, 07:11 AM
PCN

Can anyone provide any updates on the current road conditions into WyTex?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming