U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,663,849 times

Advertisements

I haven't even moved and my girl friends are wanting to plan when they can come visit. I saw a post about a Cheyenne Festival - are the dates July 23 -27 correct? What are some highlights to look forward to at that festival?

My friends like to shop, eat, listen to good music, shop, eat, and see new things. What other events going on this summer would they like to attend?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
Hi, I live in Cheyenne now and have been here for Frontier Days since I was a little kid. It is a huge deal around here. The town doubles in size to say the least. All I can say is it is a riot of a good time. About the best thing you can do is come enjoy it. This link will give you somewhat of an idea of what its all about. [url=http://www.cfdrodeo.com]America's Western Rodeo and Celebration: Cheyenne Frontier Days[/url] America's Western Rodeo and Celebration: Cheyenne Frontier Days You have to come check it out, its no joke.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 02-27-2008 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: Fixed the URL.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 AM

592 posts, read 2,120,674 times
Do a web search for the "Fort Bridger Rendezvous". There are also Rendezvous in other towns including one in Saratoga/Encampment. Lots of crafts for sale . There is a great music festival in Casper each summer I think it is called Beartrap ?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM

BigWrinkle, thank you so much for the web site (and ElkHunter for the fix). The Frontier days is just the type of event my friends and I enjoy. Finding hotel rooms may not be possible since the town doubles in size!!

Wyomiles, I have become so interested in Saratoga - I can't wait to visit there. The house my husband bought in Rawlins was a house he and his buddies rented for some time so they could stay in Wyoming to hunt, fish and do their guy stuff. He only bought it because the landlord wanted to sell and my husband didn't want to move. It's OK - but some how I am hearing Saratoga calling me!!! Ha ha ha Thanks for the info.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:26 PM

I forgot to ask if any of you know of any Sweet Potato Queens in Wyoming??? I met a couple of women in Jackson Mississippi a couple of years ago.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM

18,696 posts, read 39,927,877 times
Clay Lady,

The best way to hit Frontier Days is to go to Casper. haha I know, wrong direction. But they are far enough away that they have Motor Homes available for rent. Might check the web to make sure. But a fully self contained motor home can last about a week on the holding tanks and indefinately on power. But even the holding tanks can be dumped at a local site. don't even have to have a RV spot. Almost all Wal-Marts are camper friendly. Just head as far out in the parking lot you can get, set up and enjoy the evening. Matter of fact, they invite people in RV's and Truckers to freely use the parking lot. However, they incourage you to park out at the far end so you don't interfere with the customers. They also know that you'll probably purchase your groceries, ice, drinks, and stuff, from them.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM

ElkHunter, you are a good man with a the perfect solution. I can probably get an RV reserved. A couple of my friends own RV's but I can't imagine them wanting to drive them all the way from Arkansas without their husbands. They are talking about flying anyway and it would be easy to fly into Casper. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming