Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 PM

81 posts, read 469,243 times

Advertisements

In 2002 Michigan joined the ranks of the many states in which obtaining a concealed weapons permit is guaranteed if there is no reason to deny the permit. Prior to that it was impossible for just about anybody to get a concealed pistol permit. Does Wyoming issue the permits to all who are qualified or is it up to the whim of a local beaurocrat.
Michigan also honors permits issued in all of the other 49 states so a person who can legaly carry a concealed pistol in their home state can do so in Michigan. I wonder if my Michigan CCW lisence would be good in Wyoming until I became a resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 11:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Default Sir

You are in good company. I'm not sure if your CCW is good here. Would have to check the website. But as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome. If you've had a background check, taken a course, you are good to go. I have a ccw and it's honored in 38 states. It's well worth getting a Wyoming CCW because it's respected everywhere.

Wyoming is a "Right to Carry" state. Unless they find something wrong, they cannot turn you down.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-02-2007 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 01-03-2007, 01:43 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Whatever you do, don't move to OR where I live.. Gun rights are almost non-existent here anymore.

They are so ridiculous here, I cannot tell you how many times the police or people have harassed my husband about his gun rights. He even had a cop tell him once when were driving home from our anniversary up in the mountains of mount hood, (I was pregnant at the time) anyways, that he was stupid to carry a gun around a pregnant woman! I piped up back to the cop and told him, ACTUALLY it is his right and I feel much safer in the woods with that, then nothing! and it was an upscale town outside of Portland, and we were pulled over because our car wasn't "high class brand new, mercedes or suv" I am not kidding.. Because the cop never gave us a reason why he pulled us over and I ended up having to call and complain.

My husband doesn't have a concealed carry, but he had the gun in plain site, and this police officer made him put the ammunition in the trunk and the gun on the center console. My husband said, well it's nice to know I at least have a chunk of metal to throw at someone for protection..

anyways... my point.. Lol, this is one of the reasons we are so glad we are moving to Wy. Our gun rights will be respected so much more. My husband is originally from the rural south, where gun rights are protected, so OR was a big shock for him..

Old 01-03-2007, 04:08 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,171,880 times
Upon your application and payment of the fee (cash only, exact amount, about $89.00), your county sheriff will do a background check. If it comes back OK, then you'll head to your local DMV for a CWP photo. In a few weeks, the license will come to the sheriff's office, when they will notify you to come down and pick up the license in person. You must have taken a concealed carry course, which typically include lectures on your legal rights/responsibilities of concealed carry and safety concerns, and time on the range familiarizing with proper safety and operation of firearms. It's not uncommon to have first-time firearm owners or folks who haven't even yet purchased a firearm in a class, so they're learning this stuff from scratch. I took the sheriff's sponsored course, where they took us to their indoor range, a beautiful facility. Renew every 5 years.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 PM

12 posts, read 45,331 times
Angry ccw woopteedoo

I have never had an opinion on gun control before , but the recent conviction and pending life sentence of my best friend has provoct me to respond to this insane topic.I understand the country was built on premise of the right to bare arms and so forth, and I understand paranoid people need these tools for protection against all the unhinged lunitics that tote these deadly devices. I mean to say I would hate to be without my CCW and my pistol of choice that particular evening when some unbalanced crazed madman with an illigal weapon wanted to shoot me. I would definatly want to shoot them first with my legal weapon. Accually for me I only can speak for myself ,I will choose to stay away from situations where I need to carry a weapon to keep the playing feild equal. Whatever happened to a good old fashion fist fight like real men settle differnces? That was the way I was raised ,but I am not from the ghetto. My best freind had more guns than fingers and toes and he probly never meant to use them on human life, but why have all them as decorations.They were built to kill and ended up being useful. Enjoy your priveledge!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Default Woopteedoo

Thank you, I will enjoy my right to carry.

The problem with a good old american fist fight, it the bad guy didn't bring just his fists.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Thank you, I will enjoy my right to carry.

The problem with a good old american fist fight, it the bad guy didn't bring just his fists.
I absolutely agree...

and also.. it doesn't matter whether you were raised in a ghetto, country town, suburb, whatever.. Bad guys carry guns and break the law, so why in the heck is a law abiding citizen who is responsible crazy for a carrying a gun for protection?????..

jkrutba, boy do I feel sorry for you when a criminal breaks into your house in the middle of the night, and HE has a gun and you don't.. You may not be around to argue your point with that kind of attitude. Just a thought...

Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 AM

12 posts, read 45,331 times
Default no problem

You should not feel sorry for me, we are all born to die anyway. But because of my faith and relationship with JESUS I dont fear trivial worrys like that , I just dont worry. My family would mourn for a while if I died in a breakin/shooting and killing but I am not going to carry a weapon under my jacket and walk the town. What does it say about our society if we all need to carry guns for protection. Dont think I am some goofy anti gun law radical , I own rifles and shotguns and do hunt whitetail , rabbitts, squirrlls, I just dont think people should play Charles Bronson in the vigalanty or think they are safer packin heat.Maybe Darrent William should have had his pistol the other night.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,619 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrutba View Post
You should not feel sorry for me, we are all born to die anyway. But because of my faith and relationship with JESUS I dont fear trivial worrys like that , I just dont worry. My family would mourn for a while if I died in a breakin/shooting and killing but I am not going to carry a weapon under my jacket and walk the town. What does it say about our society if we all need to carry guns for protection. Dont think I am some goofy anti gun law radical , I own rifles and shotguns and do hunt whitetail , rabbitts, squirrlls, I just dont think people should play Charles Bronson in the vigalanty or think they are safer packin heat.Maybe Darrent William should have had his pistol the other night.
I hope I don't run into you sometime - you're the kind that scares me. It's not the "bad guys" that make me nervous.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM

81 posts, read 469,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrutba View Post
I'll take youre word about not being a anti gun law radical. The "goofy" part, well... Your posts speak for themselves. The truth of the matter is that in every state that has instituted the policy of issuing concealed carry permits to those who are not disqualified through criminal behavior or mental instability, the crime rates have dropped dramatically. I am a Christian and my faith does not prohibit me from defending myself or my family. A year and half ago the prescence of my legally carried and registered handgun prevented my then nine year old daughter and I from being victimized by an individual who assured me that he was a "gangsta" and a "killer" as he tried to open my car door. I was thankfull for my Ruger Blackhawk and its prescence in the face of the self described killer, it silenced him and caused him to flee.
So cry if you must and twist your hanky with angst because unlike you I am not prepared to offer the life of my daughter or my own as a sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: