Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:40 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
During Frontier Days maybe and they were actually looking at tourists?
maybe a few of the cowboy "shoot out" actors during Frontier Days on the street? But that's only a handful of guys, not all the people that would be on the street or in the stores during that time.

And that wouldn't explain why the OP claims to have seen only a few women during the time they were here. Frontier Days is very much a family affair and women rodeo fans are just as fanatical as men.

As well, the women have their riding events, too ... neighbors here are big time barrel racers on the pro circuit and Cheyenne is a big event on their calendar. One neighbor always hosts a bunch of her girl friend competitors from the pro barrel racing circuit ... their place is usually mobbed for a few weeks with all the trailers and the additional rodeo stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 07:59 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
10 years worth of memory fog?

Old 07-08-2017, 12:06 PM

507 posts, read 662,379 times
Wyoming officials stroll to lunch down Capitol Avenue in Cheyenne, circa 2007:

From left- Doc Barrasso, David Duane (aka the Hot Springs Hustler) Freudenthal,
Colin (aka the Cody Kid) Simpson, and Edward (aka Let Er' Buck Ed) Buchanan.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:51 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Default A Picture .....

of what we saw that day.

https://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2...-earp-coat.jpg

Old 07-08-2017, 01:38 PM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
I dunno if you are serious. That shot is the movies. Common 80-120 years ago if you are talking reality.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:18 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
a movie scene ...

perhaps re-enacted on the streets during Frontier Days by a couple of actors and maybe some wanna' be's.

But to suggest that it's the norm for folk here and that there aren't any women on the streets, too ...

is pure nonsense. And you'll not see many folk who aren't LEO's packing heat on their hip with big six-shooters in full display, either.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:19 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Default Maybe A Convention?

There is the possibility that perhaps there was a convention in the City that day.......but the men we saw in Black clothing resembled the ones in the picture......except we saw no guns.....and most of them were very-good looking......

We love Cowboys.....

Old 07-08-2017, 08:24 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"Be more worried when you see these folks walking around..."

:: giggles ::

Ok, now...would you just STOP it ? I am SERIOUS...they were HERE !

...and because of my (current) D.O.D. connections & responsibilities, I HAVE to report for mandatory (random) blood & urine-tests...so ain't no 'ganga' (or any other) smoking going on, on MY side of the screen/keyboard, you can be assured of that !
Oops! My bad. They won't be walking around. They're too wasted to walk anywhere.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 AM

8,950 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
We visited Cheyenne, Wyoming, on 2007, after our visit to Colorado, and a multitude of other States, along the way.

We stopped by downtown Cheyenne, and noticed that most of the people on the street we were at, were males, wore all black clothing, many had long coats, and everyone had huge hat and boots. I assume they lived there, and were cowboys. Since we were outsiders, from New York City, we felt that it was not conducive to ask any questions.

With all due respect, Is this the way that most males in Cheyenne dress, all in Black? We only saw a woman in a store we went into. Can you enlighten us as to the customs of Cheyenne? Greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.....
I don't even live in Cheyenne, but stayed there for a week years ago and wife and I have been to Frontier Days..........we never saw anyone that looked like that. The kind of coat your talking about could be a western slicker, but only a gunfighter/actor would be wearing ones of those. And, some of them wear all-black as well. As for the hat, some Montana cowboy hats have a large brim. I knew a roper, who was from Montana, who wore a rather large brimmed cowboy hat. He was living in So California. As far as boots go, cowboy boots could easily be "the norm" in Cheyenne (I guess).

But, from what you are describing, sure doesn't sound like "Cheyenne" to me, except for the boots.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:45 PM

723 posts, read 571,110 times
Sounds like OP might have stumbled across a movie set. A "Men in Black" or "The Matrix" pilot perhaps? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: