Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 6,365 times

Advertisements

Thanks very much for all of that information. We're gonna get started on it and take it a bit at a time. Perhaps 2019-2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 07:41 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
Haha, no. I was quoting and addressing EH466.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 PM

400 posts, read 453,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Hahahahaha! Don’t be too hard on yourself...we all have our moments!

Old 08-02-2018, 09:19 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Cat1020,
My girls were almost ten and thirteen when we moved here, fourth and seventh grade. The initial transition went smoothly for my fourth grader. She made friends quickly and everyone was very friendly to her from the adults at the school, down to the kids.

My seventh grader had a bit of a rougher adjustment, but I wonder if it would have been hard anywhere just because middle school is a tough age period? The kids would make rude comments about her being from California. Now your children won't have that same issue because there is a sort of stigma attached to being from California and they are coming from Arkansas.

My daughter did make a couple of really good friends within a few months, and this year both girls have good friends and are both loving it here.

My advice is to move here before your oldest is in highschool. That way those four years of school they are settled, the friendships are in place, and they can focus on getting prepared for higher education after high school is over. Moving mid-highschool is really rough on a kid IMO.
Glad you and your famliy are adjusting to your new home congratulations!!

Old 08-03-2018, 09:50 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
one year later here... last year drought, this year good rain, more grass, more hay, ever thing is still green...

Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM

400 posts, read 453,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
one year later here... last year drought, this year good rain, more grass, more hay, ever thing is still green...
Wow. Shocked to hear that. Drying out fast here. It’s been hot and windy in the afternoons, so that hasn’t helped. Got a bit of rain yesterday but not near enough to change the fire danger.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:22 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,208 times
Today is the day we moved to Wyoming from California two years ago. The kids are thriving here. My fourteen year old joined FFA and she loves it. She also volunteers at a local farm as much as she possibly can. She's been over this state more than I have, with her many FFA events. It was hard moving her in middle school, but after two years she's really found her place here.

My other daughter adjusted easily and is still doing well. She's in a singing club that she loves, and next year she'll do choir in middle school. The schools here are fantastic, especially compared to the schools in California and it shows in the kids, their test scores, their opportunities etc.

Hubby and I still love it here. It gets harder and harder to visit our old city we're changing and we can't handle the crowds, the traffic, the horrific air. Of course we miss our families, and my brother did move out here to be near us, he's been here seven months now. It remains to be seen if he'll stay for the Long haul or not, this is his first winter here, and that's really what scares most people off. I'm not sure if he has what it takes, he doesn't love it here like we do.

Anyway just thought I'd pop in and update. Two years has flown by. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:02 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times
good on you and yours, C4C.

Enjoy. Winter will soon be on it's way. Be prepared.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:52 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
good on you and yours, C4C.

Enjoy. Winter will soon be on it's way. Be prepared.
Don't I know it. We're ready. The first winter here was a doozy, last year was pretty mild, we'll see what this year brings us.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:04 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Today is the day we moved to Wyoming from California two years ago. The kids are thriving here. My fourteen year old joined FFA and she loves it. She also volunteers at a local farm as much as she possibly can. She's been over this state more than I have, with her many FFA events. It was hard moving her in middle school, but after two years she's really found her place here.

My other daughter adjusted easily and is still doing well. She's in a singing club that she loves, and next year she'll do choir in middle school. The schools here are fantastic, especially compared to the schools in California and it shows in the kids, their test scores, their opportunities etc.

Hubby and I still love it here. It gets harder and harder to visit our old city we're changing and we can't handle the crowds, the traffic, the horrific air. Of course we miss our families, and my brother did move out here to be near us, he's been here seven months now. It remains to be seen if he'll stay for the Long haul or not, this is his first winter here, and that's really what scares most people off. I'm not sure if he has what it takes, he doesn't love it here like we do.

Anyway just thought I'd pop in and update. Two years has flown by. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
So glad that the move worked out for you I had seen your original post and was wondering about it since it's quite a change from CA to WY but it sounds like it was just what you and the family needed! It's great that your kids also enjoy the new locale; kids are more adaptable than we think. My father took frequent job transfers when we were growing up and I am glad since it's made me a very adaptable person.

It sounds like you have found your "place". I've found mine and it's a great feeling.

I think that if your brother gets through this winter, you are right--he is more likely to stay. Maybe you can introduce him to some fun winter activities in the area and show him more things to do in the area to see if anything catches his interest? I have not yet had the opportunity to get to Wyoming but it looks like there is a lot to do outdoors there...and I live for winter stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming