Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,312,929 times

Advertisements

Hello, All.

Well, I did use the search function and came across some info on Green River, but I'd like to ask for some more, and more current if you don't mind.

Let me start by saying I lived in Cheyenne as a child and about 10 years ago I lived in Laramie for a couple of years. I really love the state, at least those parts of it. I've lived in many parts of the USA and wasn't terribly fond of a lot of them, but I always thought of Wyoming as a place I could easily live in.

However, I haven't been there since about 1999 and am not really familiar with Green River or that region.

I am thinking of applying for a job in the town and just had some questions from people in the know regarding housing availability/prices, crime (esp. drugs like meth), schools (I have 2 daughters in elementary school), etc.

My wife and I have no problem living in a small or rural area. We may need to get a sturdier vehicle for the winters, but I am no stranger to harsh winters either.

I would just like to get a feel for the town from people who live there or know it and see what the general feelings are...if it is recommended or not, etc.

Thanks so much for ANY information, suggestions, thoughts and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,563,526 times
There has been a lot of information on this forum about Green River, and neighboring Rock Springs. Due to the energy "boom" in Wyoming, housing in those areas has been scarce, and expensive, by Wyoming standards. If you search the forums for information about these two cities, I think you will find all the info you need about them. If, after doing so, you still have some specific questions, by all means get back on here and ask them.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,312,929 times
Thanks, jdavid.

I should have searched up threads and posts on Rock Springs too. D'oh!

I'll do that, and get back to you.

All the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming