Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should City-Data create a Wyoming sub-forum?
Yes: Casper 1 4.00%
Yes: Cheyenne 2 8.00%
Yes: Laramie 1 4.00%
Yes: Gillette 4 16.00%
Yes: Other 3 12.00%
No 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM

362 posts, read 1,848,324 times

Advertisements

Should City-Data create a Wyoming sub-forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,775,917 times
So what would a sub forum do? and the point would be? I would be interested in Rawlins and Saratoga and Jackson - maybe I would like to see every thing just 'cuz. Maybe this is a no - I'll think about it.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,558,617 times
I voted no only because there aren't enough posts on the Wyoming forum to warrant having sub-forums. In places like the Sports forum, where there are seemingly about 10 NFL posts for one of everything else, I think it would be a good idea, because all the other posts get lost in the mix. The Sports forum also has a lot more posts than the Wyoming forum does. I don't see the need in the Wyoming forum. Besides, Wyoming is just a big city with one long main street, according to what I've read in these forums!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM

108 posts, read 411,224 times
I'd like to see a forum just on Yellowstone and the Tetons

Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 PM

362 posts, read 1,848,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjinnh View Post
I'd like to see a forum just on Yellowstone and the Tetons
That's actually a really good idea. They should add a national parks forum.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 PM

269 posts, read 826,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I voted no only because there aren't enough posts on the Wyoming forum to warrant having sub-forums. In places like the Sports forum, where there are seemingly about 10 NFL posts for one of everything else, I think it would be a good idea, because all the other posts get lost in the mix. The Sports forum also has a lot more posts than the Wyoming forum does. I don't see the need in the Wyoming forum. Besides, Wyoming is just a big city with one long main street, according to what I've read in these forums!
YUP! And some times some of the streets get shut down!

Old 03-22-2008, 12:41 AM

592 posts, read 2,235,054 times
Rather than cities can you divide the state into areas such as South West, NE etc.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 AM

610 posts, read 3,308,413 times
Maybe I just couldn't figure out how to vote right:

If there are going to be sub-forums for Wyoming ... I think there should be ones for:
1) Gillette
2)Casper
3)Cheyenne
4)Jackson

All 4 areas are not very close to or very much like any of the other areas at all - part of the unique-ness of Wyoming is how far it is from one place to another and so, this happens all over the state, i.e., Cody isn't much like Sheridan; Evanston isn't much like Riverton; Jackson isn't anything like anywhere else in the state. Neither is Gillette. You could carve Wyoming up into five geographical divisions and cover it as well, i.e.:
SW (Evanston, Cokeville, Kemmerrer, Green River, Rock Springs, Pinedale)
NW (Jackson, Star Valley {Afton, Smoot, Thayne, Alpine), Moose, Bondurant.
NE (Sheridan, Gillette, Ucross, Buffalo)
SE (Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, Douglas)
Central: (Cody, Meteetse, Shoshone, Riverton, Lander, Rawlins, Saratoga)

As some of you can readily see - even THAT division causes problems - so yeah, good luck with the sub-forums thing.
From what I've seen over time on this forum however, I do think there are certain areas that are quite different from the rest of Wyoming - Gillette, for example, and Cheyenne, and Lusk, and Torrington/Wheatland ... and Geezh - the list goes on and on . Yep - good luck wi' dat!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,886,322 times
I don't expect sub forums in the Wyoming section. I've seen a lot of requests in other states for sub's and there's got to be some serious traffic in order for it to even be considered. There's simply not enough traffic here right now.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I don't expect sub forums in the Wyoming section. I've seen a lot of requests in other states for sub's and there's got to be some serious traffic in order for it to even be considered. There's simply not enough traffic here right now.
Just some food for thought: I've been fighting for a new sub-forum in Pennsylvania for South Central Pennsylvnia (Harrisburg/Lancaster/York areas), and even though this is a rapidly growing area with nearly 2,000,000 residents, major tourism interest, and ten threads on the first page of the PA general forum alone, the Administrator won't create a new sub-forum for it. How would you justify a sub-forum for measly Gillette, Cody, Jackson, etc. when an area encompassing 2,000,000 people doesn't even qualify for one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming