Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Wyoming has excellent roads and few cops, generally none after midnight. Need I say more? Do watch for wildlife though.

Not everyone who posts on this forum lives in Wyoming.

************************************************** *************************************************
For those who may not be from WY... Open Range can be a 'wake-up call' to your 'sporting-nature'. A bit more solid hit than an antelope...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM

11,554 posts, read 53,149,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Then Would it be the same for that new Honda Civic SI with 305 horses or a Dodge Cherokee 4X4 or Dodge Durango SRT with 392 engine?

There is also the top dog Dodge Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk or TrackHawk that has AWD with the hellcat engine in it with different suspension settings for snow, rain, sand etc.
TrailHawk or TrackHawk Has 707 horses so I guess these vehicles wouldn't be good neither?

A Subie would be better than all of the above vehicles I have just mentioned?
Real world driving in the conditions that present in Wyoming in the hands of real drivers support the concept that moderate hp cars with superior awd systems may be the better choice for getting around.

No doubt that in the hands of a pro racing driver in a track or controlled environment the high hp specialty cars may be quicker or faster.

But on public roads surrounded by the average drivers with average vehicles, your high performance vehicle will be reduced to the “average” unless you choose to be an exceptionally aggressive driver. Personally, I’ve been forced off the road more than a few times by such drivers and later had the experience of checking to see if anybody was hurt and needing immediate pro medical attention. If not, I advised the stuck driver that I’d be on my way and would notify the appropriate assistance when I got to the next mailbox.

As well, you will not get any better visibility from all that high hp on tap. IOW, low visibility ... to the front of your hood, maybe ... or obscured roadways due to blowing or drifting snow ... will not be overcome by all that hp at your disposal.

The problem as I see it is you are stuck in the imaginary world of marketing and rallying or racing hypothetical situations instead of trying to comprehend the realities of winter driving in Wyoming on public roads. They simply are not realistic images of what driving around here is like. You might want to check out some of the YouTube vids on Wyoming winter driving before you start crowing about some of the vehicles you tout.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:24 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Real world driving in the conditions that present in Wyoming in the hands of real drivers support the concept that moderate hp cars with superior awd systems may be the better choice for getting around.

No doubt that in the hands of a pro racing driver in a track or controlled environment the high hp specialty cars may be quicker or faster.

But on public roads surrounded by the average drivers with average vehicles, your high performance vehicle will be reduced to the “average” unless you choose to be an exceptionally aggressive driver. Personally, I’ve been forced off the road more than a few times by such drivers and later had the experience of checking to see if anybody was hurt and needing immediate pro medical attention. If not, I advised the stuck driver that I’d be on my way and would notify the appropriate assistance when I got to the next mailbox.

As well, you will not get any better visibility from all that high hp on tap. IOW, low visibility ... to the front of your hood, maybe ... or obscured roadways due to blowing or drifting snow ... will not be overcome by all that hp at your disposal.

The problem as I see it is you are stuck in the imaginary world of marketing and rallying or racing hypothetical situations instead of trying to comprehend the realities of winter driving in Wyoming on public roads. They simply are not realistic images of what driving around here is like. You might want to check out some of the YouTube vids on Wyoming winter driving before you start crowing about some of the vehicles you tout.
It is so obvious being in a controlled environment on the track with a high performance vehicle is much more safer as well as you are with others who are driving for the same reason where competition may be involved.

Being forced off the road here is using a vehicle as a deadly weapon. No if ands or buts. Per CHP "Freeway Violence" or Road Rage.
Very different situation of what is happening here and a lot more of it here.
People kill people using their cars and guns they illegally carry in their vehicles here.

You do see more when you are in a higher vehicle but if there is nothing to see in white out conditions it makes no difference.
We are not stuck in imaginary world but very much stuck in a very dangerous place now.
We already have seen many videos of winter driving in Wyoming. But there is nothing like the real thing.
And as previously mentioned we are keeping an opening mind to other DIFFERENT AND BRANDS OF VEHICLES.

We aren't touting or trying to sell anything here or justify anything about the personal preference and type of vehicles I currently own and drive. That is N/A here.

But again as previously mentioned once we are there we will see what really works with the locals because they obviously know. They live there. Very logical as when we get to that bridge we will worry about crossing it then.

So let me step back in to my imaginary world since we are in a third world here for some relief.

Seriously all joking aside, I do value your input- many thanks.
Perhaps I will get steered in the right direction (no pun intended) when driving in very hostile adverse weather and road conditions in Wyoming once I get there.
Sincerely thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming