Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times

Advertisements

Iseman sent me a bunch of brochures in the mail, and they deal with four different manufacturers... and I really was impressed with Champion so far... and one other manufacturer they sold. Their prices are reasonable I thought too...

The spacing on the modulars were just like stick built which was good, and I agree that had pretty good R values on their insulation...
The also told us we could upgrade to a 50 Gallon electric water heater and a 200 amp electrical box.

Thank you Jdavid for your advice that is a good idea ! I was thinking about going up to Billings, cause they have a handful of dealers too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Kristal, Yeah we have been in touch with a millennium homes dealer that is in Buffalo... I edited this to say I forgot to mention, Millennium homes is out of Gillette but the gentleman that is a dealer with them, works out of Buffalo

Thanks for the book, I saw one out there... I have been really thinking of getting a guide like that... thanks for the link

Last edited by Kristynwy; 03-28-2008 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: edited the first sentence for more info...

Old 03-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Kristal here is a really good guide (from the reviews I read) that I want to buy...

Amazon.com: Manufactured Home Buyer's Handbook: Wes Johnson: Books

Old 03-28-2008, 02:31 PM

42 posts, read 181,872 times
Lived in Rock Springs for 18 years in a Gallatin Mobile Home - this was back in the '70's and '80's. They are manufactured in Montana. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it kept me and my children warm in the Winter.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM

35 posts, read 125,835 times
My husband use to put manufactured homes together and he WILL NOT by a Champion!!! I went ahead and bought that book that I linked if you want I could look up the brands your looking at for you. I did the free shipping with Amazon so it will a little while, but I would be willing to do that for you if you want. Thanks for the info!

Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 PM

oh really.... Thanks for the heads up I didn't know about Champion... I will take a look at the other brands they carry...

My husband worked in a manufactured home plant for 6 months once for a company in Oregon..... and that is one brand we decided to stay away from too lol...

I want to order the book, but it might be a bit till I can get it, and I use the free shipping option with Amazon too lol all the time
But if you get yours before I get mine I may ask you a few questions...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 PM

105 posts, read 448,912 times
Here is a little food for thought. When a Manufactured home is Placed on a certified Foundation and than is anchored to that foundation it is no longer a depreciating asset. Once this is done it becomes an appreciating asset and the title that you have for the unit becomes a deed like in most stick built homes. I have looked into alot of different style of Manufactured homes and from my research some are even built to better standards than stick built. I was told that this has to do with being able to move the home so it needs to have tighter standards per say. My uncle purchased his recent Modular from Billings and had it transported to Meeteetse. From what I have seen of the home and everything else it seems to be a very well built unit, he has also permantley anchored the home and it has now become an appreciating asset. Just my 2 cents worth

Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 AM

thanks pyskikustomz

We either want to put it on a permanent foundation or a basement... not sure the basement will fit in our budget, but we are going to get a quote just to see...

I liked the idea about the building standards being better than modern stick built homes also ...

What dealer did your uncle go with out of Billings if you don't mind me asking?

I am getting a book that rates all the different companies in the U.S. and another guidebook type book on how to buy a manufactured home ect...

Thanks for your reply

Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 AM

105 posts, read 448,912 times
He doesn't have a full basement just more or less a concreted crawl space, he did it this way to save on money. Him, my aunt, and myself did pretty much all the dirt work to help with cost as well. As far as what company he went with I will have to check with him.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Could you possibly afford to have a home built using Structural Foam Panels? They can be built very rapidly and are very well insulated. I suggest googling SFP before you buy anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming