Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:45 PM

5,557 posts, read 4,901,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
Afton is in Wyoming... yeah the city of IF is in Idaho. were Star Valley, Jackson , Pinedale all go to shop...
I thought you meant Idaho Falls.
Pinedale is suppose to be very expensive to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 02:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,516,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
But none in Wyoming.
Wyoming isn't Frisco.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ming-territory

Old 09-12-2018, 03:34 PM

8,882 posts, read 20,251,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Was waiting for somebody to say this.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:53 PM

10,230 posts, read 13,737,164 times
Quote:
I thought you meant Idaho Falls.
Pinedale is suppose to be very expensive to live.
It's pretty pricey. Beautiful town though. Outside of Yellowstone and Grand Teton its probably where I've seen the largest number of elk (in the countryside around it).

Old 09-12-2018, 06:43 PM

3,635 posts, read 6,224,528 times
city of IF= Idaho Falls.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,563 posts, read 57,481,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
It's pretty pricey. Beautiful town though. Outside of Yellowstone and Grand Teton its probably where I've seen the largest number of elk (in the countryside around it).
and... Estes Park, CO

There were 28 elk at McDonalds 'Drive-Thru' for Happy Hour last time I was in Estes Park. (14) at the Emergency Room, lounging around on the grass median outside. Elk are actual quite the 'pest' there (similar to Geese), Gotta be careful not to confront the elk on the golf course. Of course hunting season is pretty simple ~ 10 min process to take down your annual allotment. (don't do that on the golf course. there may be a tourist within sight!)

But WY Tetons win... we were in the Park on a 4th of July evening and no camp sites so headed back country on our motorcycles. Pitched the tent and about midnight awakened by a elk butt poking the side of the tent. looked out upon >80 Light Butts glistening in the moonlight.

WY probably wins for worst Chinese food I have ever had, but... that is my fault for thinking I wanted Chinese while in Rawlins (20+ yrs ago) . no reflection on what might be there today.

There were better choices to be made.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Was waiting for somebody to say this.

Is anti-Chinese feelings still the same today throughout the whole State of Wyoming?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 PM

Since Laramie has the highest population of Asians, perhaps there is a better chance of finding better quality Asian restaurants t here?

Old 09-13-2018, 12:22 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,516,290 times
Quote:
Is anti-Chinese feelings still the same today throughout the whole State of Wyoming?
I don't know or care, but it probably depends on their political opinions and how they express them.

Quote:
Since Laramie has the highest population of Asians, perhaps there is a better chance of finding better quality Asian restaurants t here?
The University of Wyoming is at Laramie. I doubt that many university people own restaurants.

Why are you so concerned about second-rate food? Well, at least you didn't bring up Mexican restaurants.

You live in a city where there are outstanding French, Italian, and other really great restaurants. Why do you care about inferior food? If we had what you have here in Wyoming, I'd never go near an Oriental place.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I don't know or care, but it probably depends on their political opinions and how they express them.

The University of Wyoming is at Laramie. I doubt that many university people own restaurants.

Why are you so concerned about second-rate food? Well, at least you didn't bring up Mexican restaurants.

You live in a city where there are outstanding French, Italian, and other really great restaurants. Why do you care about inferior food? If we had what you have here in Wyoming, I'd never go near an Oriental place.

OF COUse where I am at we have the best food no place else can compare. We also have the highest cost of living , and traffic, traffic and traffic. with 2 hr. commutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming