Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:25 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
So all of Wyoming is great compared to these locations?
Yes, indeed, because Wyoming has the best people except in Teton and Albany counties. Those two have too many liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:44 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,072 times
Y'know...given how I never quite saavy where exactly I stand (favorable vs. unfavorable) between the two of you...if I actually HAD the money to drink...you two would be DRIVING me to it...lol

A shame we can't decide on a decent, neutral-location where we could rent-out a quiet, non-descrept dining-hall or outdoor Bar-B-Cue and pop a few tops, kick-back & do this face-to-face...hash it all out, agree to disagree, have a few laughs...y'know...the way the Good-Lord intended...

...and then upload the video to Youtube...just to show the snowflake 'resist' generation how REAL people have a meeting of the minds, get things done & accomplish things.

...if only...

Old 06-28-2018, 12:55 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
How will the landlock crowd and the rip it open for more development crowds settle things? Some people have one foot in each camp through their jobs / investments / voting and private behavior.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:02 PM

The same exact way it has always happened...'Money talks & B.S. walks'.

Sadly (or 'appropriately'...depending on one's financial/social-status within/without the WELL established pecking-order, which DOES exist here in Wyoming, whether anyone chooses to acknowledge that fact, or not) that is the way thing$ have always been...and likely how it will remain for quite some time.

Were I blessed with the financial-means (AND the 'proper connections') I would'nt hesitate to do anything & everything within my power to ensure less people come here to build & stay...not just 'liberal/progressives', mind you...I mean ANYBODY.

As much as I dislike the 'cold-hearted, elitist, pretentious-nature' of the largest land-owners here in Wyoming...at the end of the day I DO know who 'butters my bread'...and my allegiance therefore, is to them.

...all other considerations are...'superficial', at best...I am glad there is enough opportunities for people with the necessary 'sand' needed to make it here, but in the end...I am disheartened by the absurd increase in cookie-cutter 'hobby-farms, ranchettes & trophy-properties' expanding ever-further & deeper into once pristine grazing-land.

SICK AND TIRED of it !

Last edited by Ltdumbear; 06-28-2018 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2018, 06:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
So...the list? can we get back to the topic.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:33 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So...the list? can we get back to the topic.

Your question has already been answered by several folk on this thread.

My response was in #8. I wouldn't live in any city in Wyoming.

HiW gave his response, ruled out two counties but the rest of the state is OK.

WyoNewK gave a detailed response:

"I live in Gillette, in NE Wyoming. I'm not very familiar with towns in western and southern Wyoming, so I'm leaving out a few that might be great. Without giving it a lot of thought, here's my top 10 cities/towns with populations over 5K.

1. Buffalo
2. Lander
3. Sheridan
4. Cody
5. Jackson
6. Gillette
7. Douglas
8. Laramie
9. Casper
10. Cheyenne

There are other nice smaller towns, but listing them with the cities is hard to do. For example, Story, Ranchester and Dayton are all very nice, but they have little in the way of businesses for the communities. Most of their residents make frequent, if not daily, visits to Sheridan. Kinda hard to compare them to Cheyenne or Casper, but most of the residents of those small communities would probably rate them at the very top."

It looks to me like you're working pretty hard to miss my point which you dismissed as being non-responsive: Wyoming's strengths are in the eyes of the beholder. You appear to be more impressed with the "M's and B's" than in what Wyoming's real strengths are for those of us who live here. So I'd repeat my question: what are your priorities, what are you seeking to find?

In all candor, if I had to make my assessment as to whether or not I'd welcome you as a neighbor in view of your admiration for those who most of Wyoming residents consider to be on "another planet". But that would be the one place in Wyoming I'd recommend to you: Jackson.

Jackson, you'll like it there, I'm sure of it.

Last edited by sunsprit; 07-01-2018 at 03:54 AM..

Old 07-01-2018, 07:51 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
was in the C-store in Midwest one Friday night... brought back memories of the bar scene in the first Star Wars …..

Old 07-01-2018, 05:42 PM

And this would be the C-stores in Jackson....lol

(The last bit of the clip being what happens in the bar following the night-rodeo...lol)

https://youtu.be/tVEoevKRE3M

Old 07-01-2018, 05:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
What is a C-store?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:05 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
What is a C-store?

I'm guessing short for convenience store but I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming