Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 05:24 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,474,019 times

Advertisements

IMHO, that incline is not bad at all for bringing in equipment and lumber, etc. We live and built on top of the Blue Ridge here and it is as steep or steeper and got in everything no problem, and are putting up a garage now and the same thing.. steep, narrow, tight twists.... no problems for concrete trucks and all of the lumber/drywall/ everything trucks. Steepest section is around 30% thought it only gets that steep for 10-15 ft .

The one thing that might be hard is if you are building a log house; getting a heavily loaded tractor trailer in there via the existing access might not be a workable idea. In that case, it might get offloaded from up above on the forest road (though I am not sure an 18 wheeler would make it up there either), or offload and stack the logs below and bring up them up as needed.

I would check with the NF, but since that road above you fence is on the MUVM as being open to highway legal vehicles, then I can't see why construction equipment could not go in on it as is. The one thing is if you pull out a section of fence for access. and put up some sort of temporary fence for keeping the cattle from getting out.

Last edited by nm9stheham; 11-02-2018 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 599 times
Post Easement link still the guide NFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzie910 View Post
I'm thinking this is probably a pipe dream....

We are starting the process of building on our property in Dubois. We are bordered on two sides by the Shoshone Nat'l Forest. The back of the property has the current forest access road running parallel to it.

Ideally, we would LOVE to utilize this road for our driveway access, vs the neighborhood road - mostly because access will just be easier (not to mention cost effective). It's

Is it a pipe dream to believe that the government might actually let us do this?
Easements, a BIG topic in this area. WY has LONG history on Feds vs State. Lesser difficulty...fences, roads, building & need to have large trucks by a contractor (temporary work). Maybe this will give you a starting point as well as contacting your local forestry representative whom can guide you to a source at a higher level. Good luck. [url]https://www.fs.fed.us/im/directives/fsh/2709.12/2709.12,35-38.txt[/url]

Old 11-07-2018, 09:34 AM

382 posts, read 936,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzie910 View Post
This sounds somewhat promising! You don't remember who you had to talk to to get this ball rolling, do you? They passed me off to someone who was supposed to email me back.

That was two weeks ago.

I don't. It does differ by the area I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: