Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:19 PM

6 posts, read 7,537 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Casper at the beginning of August. I’m looking for a very nice 2BR-2Bath apt that is roomy and bright, offers gym, pool, garage parking and either washer/dryer in the unit or at least hook-ups for me to provide my own. A nice and, considering it is apartment living, as quiet and peaceful as possible!

I have been considering “The Preserve at Greenway” and “Granite 550”. Can anyone tell me pros and cons of either place?

One concern I have about Granite 550 is that there seems to be nothing much in the area; it seems removed and out of the way from town. I am also concerned about possible noise from the highway since it looks like it is fairly close to Rte. 25

How do the two apartment communities compare?

What about “TheRidge at Blackmore”? How does that community compare to “The Preserve” and “Granite 550”?

How is the neighborhood surrounding each of these places?

Unfortunately, I’m not able to physically be in Casper searching and I’m relying on the websites, map layout of the buildings provided to me by the communities, as well as ‘Google Maps’ and ‘Google Live’ to try to visualize how the different places look like.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance you can provide!

Last edited by RK103P; 06-16-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 12:38 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Perhaps renting at an extended stay hotel/motel when you arrive would be a better option. Then you can get to know the different options and decide what best for your needs.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:07 PM

Thanks branDcalf for the wise suggestion; however, I need to get settled before starting my job.

If I could get some pros and cons on these apt. communities and their particular location it would be great

Old 06-18-2019, 06:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,020 times
It will be windy, it will be noisey. This is Wyoming. Not Palm Springs.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:07 AM

Ltdumbear, thanks for the ‘warnings’. Yes, I’m very aware of WY weather but I’m not sure what you mean about “it will be noisy” - is that in regards to the weather, as in howling wind, the town, apt. living in general or something else?
Having said this, my question is regarding apartment developments, specifically The Preserve at Greenway, The Ridge at Blackmore and Granite 550. I am trying to decide which one is in a nicer part of town, pros and cons of each, etc.
Thanks!

Old 06-18-2019, 10:00 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,766,843 times
RK103P, what you're asking is going to be difficult to receive. Here on the Wyoming forum at City-Data, we have very few regular members who post multiple times per day. And that is for the whole state. And pretty much all of them are ranchers, businessmen, or others who own their domicile. You will find few renters in the state, (here on C-D's WY forum), and the odds of finding someone who is intimately familiar with these particular apartment buildings is slight. It was worth a shot though.

It is most unfortunate that you cannot visit beforehand. That's the only real way to learn what you want. Your best option right now, if you don't get "lucky" in that someone comes forward, is to spend some time with the Google Map street view. You can learn a lot about an area by just observing. Even though the Google street view is a static snapshot at some point in time, it is possible to get a general impression of a neighborhood.

I wish you luck. I've always enjoyed the time I spent in Casper.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 06-18-2019, 03:53 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
I cant PM you but if you can me I know of a forum where there are quite a few Casper residents.. I dont think posting other forums is allowed here.

Last edited by rya700; 06-18-2019 at 04:27 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 04:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,020 times
"Yes, I’m very aware of WY weather but I’m not sure what you mean about “it will be noisy” - is that in regards to the weather (Yes), as in howling wind (ab-so-LUTELY YES) the town (trucks, rail-roads, airline, kids driving 'zoom-zoom/boom-boom' cars, etc) apt. living in general (OH yes indeedy, loud thumping music, yuppies doing aerobics on floors above you and next-door) or something else (I have heard conflicting rumours about low-frequency 'booming' noises, which nobody seems to know where it comes from)...

...just know that the closer you are to the center of town and/or the expressway, the more annoying the noise-levels will be. I have a friend who lives in a rather newly-constructed apartment-complex on the hill above Walmart (west side of Casper) which collects so much 'ambient' noise from outside, that she has been taking sleeping-pills and uses a C-pap machine not so much to keep her from snoring, but because the 'white-noise' of the machine helps to drown-out everything else that was keeping her awake (barking dogs, screaming children, turbo-diesel pickups running w/o catalytic convertors/exhaling through wide-open 5" pipes, and the aforementioned airline/expressway/rail-road noise.

It's a 'busy' blue-collar region, to put it simply.

Old 06-21-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
RK103P, what you're asking is going to be difficult to receive. Here on the Wyoming forum at City-Data, we have very few regular members who post multiple times per day. And that is for the whole state. And pretty much all of them are ranchers, businessmen, or others who own their domicile. You will find few renters in the state, (here on C-D's WY forum), and the odds of finding someone who is intimately familiar with these particular apartment buildings is slight. It was worth a shot though.

It is most unfortunate that you cannot visit beforehand. That's the only real way to learn what you want. Your best option right now, if you don't get "lucky" in that someone comes forward, is to spend some time with the Google Map street view. You can learn a lot about an area by just observing. Even though the Google street view is a static snapshot at some point in time, it is possible to get a general impression of a neighborhood.

I wish you luck. I've always enjoyed the time I spent in Casper.
Thank you volosong,

Yes, I realize the situation and I appreciate your pointing it out.

I was hoping I would maybe get some feedback on each of the particular neighborhoods in general if not on each of the apts. developments. But yes, I had been looking at Google Maps, as well as World Map app and Google Live... Although most are not quite up to date, they do give a general feel of the area and neighborhoods, pointing out whether it is more of a residential area or backing up to stores, proximity to highway, etc.

With all that we learned from the maps and the maps and availability we received from the different developments, we have made our decision and are ready and looking forward to Casper!

Thank you

Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"Yes, I’m very aware of WY weather but I’m not sure what you mean about “it will be noisy” - is that in regards to the weather (Yes), as in howling wind (ab-so-LUTELY YES) the town (trucks, rail-roads, airline, kids driving 'zoom-zoom/boom-boom' cars, etc) apt. living in general (OH yes indeedy, loud thumping music, yuppies doing aerobics on floors above you and next-door) or something else (I have heard conflicting rumours about low-frequency 'booming' noises, which nobody seems to know where it comes from)...

...just know that the closer you are to the center of town and/or the expressway, the more annoying the noise-levels will be. I have a friend who lives in a rather newly-constructed apartment-complex on the hill above Walmart (west side of Casper) which collects so much 'ambient' noise from outside, that she has been taking sleeping-pills and uses a C-pap machine not so much to keep her from snoring, but because the 'white-noise' of the machine helps to drown-out everything else that was keeping her awake (barking dogs, screaming children, turbo-diesel pickups running w/o catalytic convertors/exhaling through wide-open 5" pipes, and the aforementioned airline/expressway/rail-road noise.

It's a 'busy' blue-collar region, to put it simply.

Yes - exactly what I'm trying to avoid - with the aid of satellite and street views of Google Maps, Live Maps and Google Live, we are staying away from highways, malls and stores. We also used the maps the different developments provided to determine the exact location of the apartments available...
Lots of searching and difficult to do it from afar bur heading to the South end of town and hoping we have good luck!

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: