Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:21 PM

3,636 posts, read 6,233,734 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Wild horse ranch , wild horses are un-adopted , that the government pays a land owner to take care of , fence in make sure they have feed [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:35 PM

12 posts, read 46,513 times
We live in Laramie and own a home in town. We also have a 40 acre parcel in Wild Horse Ranch. It is beautiful, we love the views that we got and hope that in the future we can build a weekend cabin there. From our lot we can see the lake and watch the sun set over the Snowy Range. It is quite beautiful!

I think if people are interested they should come see it for themselves and do the research. There are homes being built and wells going in. Lake Hattie (actually a resevoir) was filled up quite a bit this summer due to surplus rain so that was really neat to see! The horses are actually rescue horses that are allowed to run the ranch. The caretaker is there to feed and immunize the animals but they do run free and it's quite a sight...soooo pretty!

I think it's a unique opportunity for people to own a very nice piece of land. There are challenges to building there (lots of site prep!!) but nothing that can't be figured out with a little work. I am super happy I bought there! (And in case you're wondering, no I don't work for Brooks! ha ha)

That's my 2 cents....

Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 PM

40 acre development just great for the counties... the property taxes need to be raised for the actual cost in the long run. UW study for every $ in property tax on ag land less the 90 cents in services. After a subdivision taxes went up but for every dollar collected $2.50 in sevices....
Wyohill do you get a commsion
Any guess you started the 40 acre deal.... hint a real rich famly, gee even have a Magazine named after them

Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,235,954 times
Good Lord, the WHR people sure generate a lot of spam! When people with one or two posts wax eloquent on the merits of both the property and the agency....how ignorant do they think people are?

NM has the same issues, with *beautiful, wonderful, fabulous* property marketed primarily to out of staters (I was inundated with mailings before we moved here) with easy own terms. Ebay is full of 'em too.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Good Lord, the WHR people sure generate a lot of spam! When people with one or two posts wax eloquent on the merits of both the property and the agency....how ignorant do they think people are?

NM has the same issues, with *beautiful, wonderful, fabulous* property marketed primarily to out of staters (I was inundated with mailings before we moved here) with easy own terms. Ebay is full of 'em too.
they are almost as bad as those e=mail scams......

Old 09-28-2009, 10:51 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,909,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
they are almost as bad as those e=mail scams......
I'm holding my tongue on this one.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 AM

309 posts, read 987,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
[SIZE=3]Wild horse ranch , wild horses are un-adopted , that the government pays a land owner to take care of , fence in make sure they have feed [/SIZE]
They aren't wild. They were owned by someone, who didn't take care of them and are rescued!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 AM

12 posts, read 46,513 times
I gotta smile - I know I have only posted once but promise I am not a spammer or get a commission. I am a local owner of a parcel at WHR. We bought the parcel 2 years ago and I think I got a nice little piece of land - I love it! I didn't tell anyone to buy the land, I said if you're interested be sure to check it out first.

I know some people don't like WHR or feel that it should have stayed undeveloped. But there are people who own the property and like it and I'm one of them. I posted because I thought I'd help out whoever wanted to get info about the place.

It's funny, I feel compelled to meet people for a coffee or something to prove I am a real person. Sorry for any skepticism I may have caused, maybe if I post some more I'll have more 'street cred' on public message boards. Maybe I'll do that... God Bless you guys!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 8,933 times
I posted a message last year about my property that I purchased in while horse ranch. As stated before, I am very happy with my 37 acres, there are few places on earth as splendid as this. I really do take it personal when alot of these prior posts make the very negetive comments about the ranch, the process and the people selling the land. I beg to differ on your ideas about the sales people being unprofessional, ect... you are nit picking. Ask any person who had the courage to do the research, travel to wyoming, and finally take the risk to buy piece of real estate. Until you have taken those steps and see what Wild Horse Ranch is in person, you have very little basis for such strong opinions. In the next 5 years, I will call Wild Horse Ranch home. I purchased my property for 126,000 in 2008, a neighboring lot is currently on the market for 215,000, i'd say that is not too bad. In any case, go there, see it for your self, become informed and you will eventually purchase your dream lot.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM

11,550 posts, read 52,955,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHR owner View Post
I posted a message last year about my property that I purchased in while horse ranch. As stated before, I am very happy with my 37 acres, there are few places on earth as splendid as this. I really do take it personal when alot of these prior posts make the very negetive comments about the ranch, the process and the people selling the land. I beg to differ on your ideas about the sales people being unprofessional, ect... you are nit picking. Ask any person who had the courage to do the research, travel to wyoming, and finally take the risk to buy piece of real estate. Until you have taken those steps and see what Wild Horse Ranch is in person, you have very little basis for such strong opinions. In the next 5 years, I will call Wild Horse Ranch home. I purchased my property for 126,000 in 2008, a neighboring lot is currently on the market for 215,000, i'd say that is not too bad. In any case, go there, see it for your self, become informed and you will eventually purchase your dream lot.
You paid $3,400 per acre for open range land in 2008?

Are there any utilities, or water, or communications supplied to your parcel?

How about year around roads and access? Any infrastructure at all? a house? outbuildings? fences? landscaping? trees? what's the soils?

I'm almost in shock ...

That's far more than I spent for spent for irrigated land with senior water rights and good soils not very far away from you. Complete with full fences, corrals, outbuildings, barns, center pivot, landscaping, trees, a live year-round creek, garages, grain storage, silage pit, and a house ... I guess the house came for free given the price point I paid for the place compared to $3,400 per acre rural property. And on a county road that is maintained by the county and plowed because it's on a school bus route. And a friend that's been doing some custom farming for me bought a similar property last year for less than I paid because it doesn't have the live creek ... but he's got two center pivots and the wells.

I can't believe that you really shopped the SE Wyoming marketplace before deciding to buy in WHR. It must have been love at first sight ....

and there's a "neigboring lot" on the market at $5,800 per acre? What do you think is driving the market where such incredible appreciation from $3,400 to $5,800 per acre happened in two years? Especially in a time frame when Wyoming prices have softened, not appreciated? Could this have anything to do with exceptionally aggressive marketing and sales pitches of a dream vision? or maybe it's something in the water they use in the coffee they serve at the sales trailer? how about hypnotic suggestion? Incredulous .... don't hold your breath that it will sell at anywhere near that price point, even with some fabulous house on the site.

Last edited by sunsprit; 02-26-2010 at 10:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming