Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 11:45 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,774,574 times

Advertisements

Nope.

Closest is outside Fort Collins (Timnath), almost 50 miles south from Cheyenne and then however much further than Cheyenne to WY locations.

If Wyoming gets a Costco someday, Casper might compete with Cheyenne for it due to more central location in unserved state.

Idaho Falls getting one. Bismarck ND getting one. Wyoming probably gets one eventually but none officially in planning.

Delivery options now and possibly in future are a different matter.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-11-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,693 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Nope.

Closest is outside Fort Collins (Timnath), almost 50 miles south from Cheyenne and then however much further than Cheyenne to WY locations.

even much further to a SD Costco!

(Sioux Falls!)

Billings (no sales tax) would be the WY option (If you are headed that way...)

Seems 2 Day Costco Delivery comes up on WY zips. (for non-perishables).

I do wonder how the WY restaurant suppliers are dealing with Covid reduced sales.
Ouch, negative cash flows for maintaining frequent deliveries. My WY daily route took 12 hrs and 100gal of fuel (on windless / snowless days (all 2 f them / year!) ). + my meager pay .

One of my daily FedEx (medical) deliveries was 17 miles one way to a remote ranch. That drop didn't pay real well!

Old 08-19-2020, 02:12 PM

138 posts, read 172,159 times
Quote:
If Wyoming gets a Costco someday, Casper might compete with Cheyenne for it due to more central location in unserved state.
I'd pay up for a membership if they opened one in Casper.

As for the cold that the OP asked about: You know how a dry heat isn't as gross as a humid heat? Same goes for dry cold. It gets plenty cold here in Casper, but most days it's pretty manageable. And I don't feel like the sub-zero days are strung together like they are in other places I've lived. And it almost always gets above zero. I remember more than a few days in a row that never got above zero in Upper Michigan.

Old 08-19-2020, 03:13 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
I'd pay up for a membership if they opened one in Casper.

As for the cold that the OP asked about: You know how a dry heat isn't as gross as a humid heat? Same goes for dry cold. It gets plenty cold here in Casper, but most days it's pretty manageable. And I don't feel like the sub-zero days are strung together like they are in other places I've lived. And it almost always gets above zero. I remember more than a few days in a row that never got above zero in Upper Michigan.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:50 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Quote:
Coueur D'Alene, 137 / 4.

You might check Mountain Home ID. Or Rathdrum ID. Maybe Douglas WY, though colder.

When the winds shift, there can be sharply warmer breaks in late winter / early spring in WY (and probably in the other states). But wind in general makes things seem colder to way colder in WY.

Fruita CO, 170 / 10. Cedar City UT, 162 / 6.
And the constant winds in Wy seems to be the most consistent complaint about Wy that I've read about. Which as you point out makes it feel colder.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:52 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Same thing here tired of heat and humidity. I just wouldn't want to be near Tornado Alley far eastern part Wyoming close to Nebraska, and Dakotas.
Colder is better than extreme hot.
Yeah, I was surprised to read that both Gillette, Wy, and somewhere in the Black Hills both had semi recent tornadoes.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:05 PM

138 posts, read 172,159 times
Winter arrived with a bang here in Casper last night. I heard nasty popping sounds in the evening and saw the downed trees this morning.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:11 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
Winter arrived with a bang here in Casper last night. I heard nasty popping sounds in the evening and saw the downed trees this morning.
No sign of any winter in sight here with these 100+ degrees temps and forest fires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming