Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 11:20 AM

5 posts, read 4,171 times

Advertisements

My Wife and I have been looking for a Home in Wapiti/Cody/Powell with no luck over the last years time. Would love to find a builder that could do a Open floor plan, 1800-2000 sqf. Can anyone suggest a builder in the area? Does anyone know what the average cost per square foot is in the Cody area?

Any and all help/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 06:47 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSilver View Post
My Wife and I have been looking for a Home in Wapiti/Cody/Powell with no luck over the last years time. Would love to find a builder that could do a Open floor plan, 1800-2000 sqf. Can anyone suggest a builder in the area? Does anyone know what the average cost per square foot is in the Cody area?

Any and all help/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
If you're on FB there is a group caller Wapiti Whisper. There is also a Cody Area Classifieds and Powell WY Area Classifieds. Join the groups and ask your question. Building supply costs are increasing rapidly. There is a backlog (I have heard of up to 2 years but haven't had a reason to confirm that) in terms of building starts.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:04 PM

On the Wapiti Whisper, will ask... As soon as my FB ban lifts.. lol
Think we want to build off of 2AB.
Thank you !

Old 01-21-2021, 07:09 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSilver View Post
On the Wapiti Whisper, will ask... As soon as my FB ban lifts.. lol
Think we want to build off of 2AB.
Thank you !
Nice area. Great views. Yeah our FB overseers are ban-happy these days.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:14 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
As mentioned the material costs and builders are both high priced and in short supply at the moment.

If allowed... Considering putting up a barndominium with apartment and RV hookups, then later adding your home. (shop can be built in a month, a house takes a yr). I have found it nice to live on-site while building + having storage and shop space during the build. Later the shop is a great place for guesthome and playhome. (and boomerang kids or friends who need a temporary place to stay)

Old 01-22-2021, 02:08 PM

You're on the exact same page as we are, we like to do the same kind of build as you mentioned.. good luck to us all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: