Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 11:12 PM

15 posts, read 13,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
If you leave ID then you are hastening the change over to progressive-ism. Why not stay and refuse to let them win? If everyone who's not on that side of the crazy political scale moved out ID would turn so fast it would make everyone's head spin. It isn't like TX and FL where the large population can withstand a little encroachment. With less than 2m people the change in ID would happen extremely quickly... Just a thought.
Your words ring true. But with me working x4 12 hour shifts, and him working x5 10 hour shifts, the truth is, political rallies, throwing up our fists in revolt is too tiring. Anyone can jump on Facebook and be a social media warrior. Throw your words to the chorus, and the people that need to hear it will block you. That goes no where. We're in a society right now where people only digest articles from "news" sources that that encourage their train of thought. There are very, very, VERY precious few people that will truly read and absorb both sides of the debate. I am not saying its not worth fighting for. I am simply saying that us, personally, are going to let the younger generation fight it out, and give advice as we can to the people that will listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 07:01 AM

560 posts, read 429,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NandI2 View Post
Your words ring true. But with me working x4 12 hour shifts, and him working x5 10 hour shifts, the truth is, political rallies, throwing up our fists in revolt is too tiring. Anyone can jump on Facebook and be a social media warrior. Throw your words to the chorus, and the people that need to hear it will block you. That goes no where. We're in a society right now where people only digest articles from "news" sources that that encourage their train of thought. There are very, very, VERY precious few people that will truly read and absorb both sides of the debate. I am not saying its not worth fighting for. I am simply saying that us, personally, are going to let the younger generation fight it out, and give advice as we can to the people that will listen.
Sadly I agree with you wholeheartedly. Most Americans are too comfortable and too complacent to see their liberty being stripped from them. They are too numb and in the under 50 crowd too indoctrinated to know what’s happening and how to fight it. I try not to be pessimistic but sometimes seeing how we are deteriorating so quickly it just happens. Its worth saving, I just do not know if it’s going to be possible unless more stay and more come in with like mind and cajones to offset and counteract this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming