Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 01:20 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,011,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
Texas is beginning to be purple and is mostly run by rinos and I’ve seen the shifting tide coming the last ~25yrs. We just cannot continue to take in quite this many people continually year after year and expect to stay at least with mostly liberty. Constitutional carry died before it got to the governor’s desk. They also went way too overboard on the covid scamdemic with the infringements. Add to that the crummy weather 50 of 52 weeks or the year, the high cost of living and the southern border mess and who the heck wants to be here? Maybe those from other states that are crummy—which had a sense of irony in itself.

Keep in mind though there’s more important factors than the aforementioned (except the liberty thing) for our reasons to leave.
Texas is just too hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 07:23 AM

254 posts, read 260,879 times
Quote:
mostly run by rinos the southern border mess and who the heck wants to be here?
The southern border mess would be enough for me to leave. The Wy rinos are fighting, scratching, digging for all their worth trying to stay in control of the WRP. I do believe real conservatives are being elected but it's a very, very slow process. The current affairs of other states are helping this happen. Imo, if we can get those rinos out, Wy could return to times such as when we moved here many yrs ago. How nice that would be!

Old 05-04-2021, 11:40 AM

560 posts, read 436,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Texas is just too hot.
You know it. Been here all but ~4mo out of my life. The heat is real and we get some consecutive years of brutal heat. We are in a mild steak currently which means we are due for some extreme heat soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytempest View Post
The southern border mess would be enough for me to leave. The Wy rinos are fighting, scratching, digging for all their worth trying to stay in control of the WRP. I do believe real conservatives are being elected but it's a very, very slow process. The current affairs of other states are helping this happen. Imo, if we can get those rinos out, Wy could return to times such as when we moved here many yrs ago. How nice that would be!
The border stuff is a very high concern down here. And in El Paso it is a nightmare... I would love for my wife and I to help contribute to WY going back to where it needs to be. I just hope we can see real estate prices drop at least a bit across the three states we are interested in soon.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:29 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,011,098 times
Quote:
You know it. Been here all but ~4mo out of my life. The heat is real and we get some consecutive years of brutal heat. We are in a mild steak currently which means we are due for some extreme heat soon.

The border stuff is a very high concern down here. And in El Paso it is a nightmare... I would love for my wife and I to help contribute to WY going back to where it needs to be. I just hope we can see real estate prices drop at least a bit across the three states we are interested in soon.
Not a good idea to be near the border especially in that area?

Old 05-05-2021, 03:04 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,419,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Not a good idea to be near the border especially in that area?
El Paso is a nice city.. better climate and quite a bit safer than Tucson, which is 60 miles from the border.

Old 05-05-2021, 03:19 PM

233 posts, read 276,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
El Paso is a nice city.. better climate and quite a bit safer than Tucson, which is 60 miles from the border.
It's safe all the way to Boquillas

Old 05-05-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Sister-in-law was a DA there and while the city aesthetically and with food are pretty good the rest of El Paso is pretty bad and quite dangerous. You could not pay me to live there. Hell I won’t even drive through it now. I’ll take the northern route out of Texas.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:06 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Sister-in-law was a DA there and while the city aesthetically and with food are pretty good the rest of El Paso is pretty bad and quite dangerous. You could not pay me to live there. Hell I won’t even drive through it now. I’ll take the northern route out of Texas.
Met a couple from Aurora CO last summer. They started talking about their town, and were commiserating about how 20 years ago it was a very conservative town. They and their friends and neighbors just quietly lived their lives, not paying attention to how their town was changing, and then one day looked around and realized that their town had become a liberal hell hole. Aurora was one of the first towns last summer where BLM got the bright idea to chain police officers INSIDE the police station. Cans of gas were found a block away...................

We started talking about firearms they had, firearms their neighbors had, speculation about whether or not they could defend their homes if it all hit the fan (like it did across the country last summer and like how it could happen again this summer). My first thought was extreme sadness that this elderly couple had to even THINK about such things at this stage in their lives. My second thought was to tell them to look to their local government and law enforcement response (or non response) and if it was non-response (which has happened in many liberal towns across the country) to understand that they as citizens were on their own. And if they were on their own, to abandon the house and get out while they could.

At that point I gave them my contact info and let them know that if it all hit the fan, they could bug out to our place here in WY, so they at least had a safe place to carefully consider their next move. These were strangers to me, but we talked a long time and they were good people considering possibilities they had never considered before. And they were scared.

My points? 1. That citizens may or may not be able to count on their local governments to keep them safe. Political wokeness is more and more taking priority over the safety and security of law abiding citizens. 2. States can completely change in the blink of an eye if citizens are not paying attention. Look at CO. Look at VA. Texas better pay attention because it's heading for purple very very quickly.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Met a couple from Aurora CO last summer. They started talking about their town, and were commiserating about how 20 years ago it was a very conservative town. They and their friends and neighbors just quietly lived their lives, not paying attention to how their town was changing, and then one day looked around and realized that their town had become a liberal hell hole. Aurora was one of the first towns last summer where BLM got the bright idea to chain police officers INSIDE the police station. Cans of gas were found a block away...................

We started talking about firearms they had, firearms their neighbors had, speculation about whether or not they could defend their homes if it all hit the fan (like it did across the country last summer and like how it could happen again this summer). My first thought was extreme sadness that this elderly couple had to even THINK about such things at this stage in their lives. My second thought was to tell them to look to their local government and law enforcement response (or non response) and if it was non-response (which has happened in many liberal towns across the country) to understand that they as citizens were on their own. And if they were on their own, to abandon the house and get out while they could.

At that point I gave them my contact info and let them know that if it all hit the fan, they could bug out to our place here in WY, so they at least had a safe place to carefully consider their next move. These were strangers to me, but we talked a long time and they were good people considering possibilities they had never considered before. And they were scared.

My points? 1. That citizens may or may not be able to count on their local governments to keep them safe. Political wokeness is more and more taking priority over the safety and security of law abiding citizens. 2. States can completely change in the blink of an eye if citizens are not paying attention. Look at CO. Look at VA. Texas better pay attention because it's heading for purple very very quickly.
Agree 1,000%. Won’t let me rep this post though. It needs more +reps.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:59 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,980 times
hear a local 10,000 acre ranch just sold for $3000/ acre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming