Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 12:55 PM

560 posts, read 431,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
I generally agree with the sentiments here. I just want to insert a word of warning.... just don't fail to vote in the actual election if the candidate of your choice does not win the nomination. I've seen that over and over in recent years here in VA.... the R's put up an imperfect candidate and the lack of the perfect candidate is grasped by some voters as an excuse to stay home. Happened the other way in NC when the D's lost the state houses and governorship around 2010; a string of party insiders for the D's gave it all away.

Don't take anything for granted and don't demand perfection; 'better is the enemy of good enough'.
Quoted for truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 06:52 PM

248 posts, read 245,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
I generally agree with the sentiments here. I just want to insert a word of warning.... just don't fail to vote in the actual election if the candidate of your choice does not win the nomination. I've seen that over and over in recent years here in VA.... the R's put up an imperfect candidate and the lack of the perfect candidate is grasped by some voters as an excuse to stay home. Happened the other way in NC when the D's lost the state houses and governorship around 2010; a string of party insiders for the D's gave it all away.

Don't take anything for granted and don't demand perfection; 'better is the enemy of good enough'.
It's not that I necessarily disagree with you as this is how we've been voting for the last 36 yrs. The problem is that we never get away from the bushs, romneys, cheneys, barassos that continually keep getting elected and do absolutely nothing for the people. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. It just doesn't work.
I honestly blame the majority of whats going on, on the gop. If they'd done something since Reagan, they'd have much more of the independent vote. Yet they continue to do very little. They'd not done much if it weren't for President Trump forcing them to.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:37 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,463,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytempest View Post
It's not that I necessarily disagree with you as this is how we've been voting for the last 36 yrs. The problem is that we never get away from the bushs, romneys, cheneys, barassos that continually keep getting elected and do absolutely nothing for the people. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. It just doesn't work.
I honestly blame the majority of whats going on, on the gop. If they'd done something since Reagan, they'd have much more of the independent vote. Yet they continue to do very little. They'd not done much if it weren't for President Trump forcing them to.
I am in VA (but should own some WY land in a few more weeks). Trust me... the lesser of 2 evils is truly lesser. You just don't know the alternative until you are in the ****ter... and you are fortunately far from it WY.... so far.

Saying it doesn't work is 100% false thinking; such a statement is an expression of frustration, which is quite understandable. But the RINO types are in there, active in the political process and have formed a power which represents the wishes and thinking of some of our real fellow-citizens, like it or not. It is a mistake to deny that and, if you are a political realist, you will work the process, not abandon it and risk losing all say in the government. The plus here with Liz Cheney is that the party itself has put her on the roaster, so anyone who supplants her will hopefully have support from both the center and conservative sides.

Here is the lesson: The infighting to get more conservative people into the R political process, and the seeking of perfection, has backfired here in VA, with the result (for now) furthering a weakening that has allowed the D's to climb back into power in inflict their policies here. The conservative types who did get in were just too weak or unengaged or unsupported to do anything but weaken the conservative side. There are other factors going on, but this has definitely become a problem here. Realize that when you vote for an elected official, you need to look at what they represent AND what they can get done. It is truly a step backwards to vote for your desired philosophy held by a person who can't/won't fight to implement it. This is politics, not a philosophy course.

Voting Libertarian ticket is a waste of a vote. They express the sentiments of personal independence that many/most here advocate, but they have one big problem: their very philosophy prevents them from governing. Lack of governing, or inability to do so, eventually creates problems .. the government machinery continues to exist.... and that vacuum opens the door to what most here don't want.

That is a common problem: Many here are independent and don't want much governing, and tend to just not be engaged in RUNNING the gov't that there is. That is the core problem: you cannot have government without managing it... OR abandoning that management to others who may turn around and use it against you. It is the old thing of 'freedom is not free'... we all easily see that when it comes to fighting a war but it is easy to lose sight of that for day-to-day government.

BTW I saw a pro-Liz billboard beside I-25 a week ago, heading north towards Cheyenne. Some drivel about exposing the truth or supporting democracy.... I gotta wonder who these people really are. It smells.... https://accountability.gop/thank-you...oard-campaign/

Old 05-22-2021, 07:14 AM

397 posts, read 445,946 times
Getting out in front of the controversy:

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2021/05...-florida-days/

Old 05-22-2021, 02:12 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,393,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post

I saw that... No way in Hell, he would get my vote.

Old 05-22-2021, 03:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,572,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I saw that... No way in Hell, he would get my vote.
He has mine because he's gun owners' best friend,

Old 05-22-2021, 08:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 6,265,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post

Nope, and being friends with the Dorr family doesn't help either

Old 05-23-2021, 06:36 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,393,574 times
The community college issue seems to be heating up in GCC. Going to be a tough sell. Special election in August.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:02 PM

248 posts, read 245,321 times
Been giving this a good bit of thought. Majority of our decisions are done with our grandkids in mind. I want our gk to have the same opportunities as we did. If not for our k, gk, we'd most likely fade away into the wilderness and never be heard from again. I despise what politics have become. I don't like, or condone in any way what AB did 40 yrs ago. BUT when I think about that, then consider what the war monger treasonous liz has done and pushed for with these never ending wars, boots on the ground when our technology is well past the point of needing botg. I will easily take what AB has done over the thousands of deaths of our young adults in wars and places we have no business constantly policing! And I'm well aware of the excuses the war monger uses for needing to stay in these hostile places with our young adults in harms way.

Last edited by Wytempest; 05-26-2021 at 06:17 PM..

Old 07-24-2021, 10:37 AM

507 posts, read 659,114 times
Too early to handicap the horses in this race yet, but interesting that The Virginian didn't even make it out here for July 4th. If you remember the resident fishing license dustup, well, I'm thinking she might still not qualify for one.....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-endorsement/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming