Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:29 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,423,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDawg View Post
Moved home to Canada a year ago last May. My son Brett (exwyocowboy) had just completed selling all the properties in the USofA before he died last month. He said the prices were crazy. In Canada the prices are fixed so you buy by brand name and don't have to run around to various stations looking for a better price. Today's price is 132.4 ltr = $5.03CAD or $4.1USD/gal

Fed tax on gas is 18.4 cents and diesel is 24.4 cents - state taxes vary. For decades GA had the lowest taxes and WY was second. That all changed with the blended fuels. Haven't seen anyone mixing D1 with D2 in a long time. Mostly they just mix in the Power Service at the tank farm right before delivery.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=10&t=10

Costco is Anchorage doesn't sell off-road or red dye. You can get in a lot of IRS trouble for using off road in otr trucks. It's ok to use it in farm tractors and boats - but don't ever get caught like what happens in MT. The State Troopers will dip your tanks at weigh stations and horse events.
If you think all stations having the same prices is a good thing, think again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 01:07 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,403,388 times
“If you think all stations having the same prices is a good thing, think again”

I never said that. Competition is good

Old 06-02-2021, 10:21 PM

400 posts, read 454,575 times
Quote:
Thank you. He's gone to meet his brothers and sisters. He was the last of my seven children. He leaves two sons (out of seven) and me.
Very sorry to hear this. But thank you for letting us know.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:58 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
I know this thread is for Wyoming, but just want to say out here in California there are plenty of places (gas, food places, whatever retail)

that ONLY take cash, no debit/credit cards, forget about Apple / Samsung / Google Pay. What about BitCoin?

and there are places that were waiting for something like the pandemic to say "Contactless Payment Only"- they will NOT accept cash for goods or services. They dont trust their own employees, they want the convenience of automatic deposit, etc. I think that should be straight up illegal, we should find the people who make those decisions to not accept cash, and jail & imprison them.

It says on a dollar: "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". Watch that get removed in the next decade or two, along with "In God We Trust".

Old 06-03-2021, 06:23 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,475,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
and there are places that were waiting for something like the pandemic to say "Contactless Payment Only"- they will NOT accept cash for goods or services. They dont trust their own employees, they want the convenience of automatic deposit, etc. I think that should be straight up illegal, we should find the people who make those decisions to not accept cash, and jail & imprison them.

It says on a dollar: "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". Watch that get removed in the next decade or two, along with "In God We Trust".

The legal matter for legal tender is that, if a debt exists, and legal tender is refused as payment, then the debt is discharged. But I believe that, if refusing to sell to you with cash in the first place, then no debt is being created. IMHO, if signs are posted saying that cash will not be accepted, then the merchants are legally covered.

BTW, are these places that won't take cash in the more urban areas? Just curious....

Old 06-03-2021, 03:10 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
BTW, are these places that won't take cash in the more urban areas? Just curious....

Of course. Always high-dollar multinational chains in trendy urban areas. Here's one:
https://www.tendergreens.com/

they DONT take cash

Old 06-03-2021, 05:42 PM

561 posts, read 437,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
Of course. Always high-dollar multinational chains in trendy urban areas. Here's one:
https://www.tendergreens.com/

they DONT take cash
I don’t know how that’s acceptable to not take legal tender. I suppose being a private business they have the right which I’m fine with because I have the right to not spend my money there. It’s just an alien concept to me.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:09 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,475,123 times
Quote:
My son Brett (exwyocowboy) had just completed selling all the properties in the USofA before he died last month.
Man, I have not known what to say. Sorry to hear this. He had just shared some info with me about turf houses in Iceland.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:43 AM

11 posts, read 8,630 times
We have two homes. One in rural Wyoming and one in rural Kansas. Our Kansas town makes Wyoming look downright metropolitan. Only one business in town takes cards of any type, you can't pay at the pump for gas and I have to pay my city utility bill by check. That is the only option. The one gas station does have a proprietary system where you can slide a coop card and get gas when he's closed and then they send you a bill once a month. We live right across the street. There is rarely a Sunday or holiday goes by when we are in KS that we don't buy gas for 1-2 folks that find themselves on empty out here. It is definitely a different way of life than living in the city and we don't go anywhere without cash anymore.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:25 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,567 times
I remember Dighton Kansas was like that...ca$h only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming