Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 09:03 PM

254 posts, read 261,238 times

Advertisements

A few land owners around us have been watching a mountain lion on their trail cams. We'd seen his scat over the last month and the deer and elk haven't been around much lately. Working on the cabin in the dark Monday night, I'm fairly certain I was close to meeting him. Not very exciting but I was surprised he got so close. He'd been in one house and was caught trying to get into one neighbors dog pen. He did finally make it into the pen but only ate the dog food. He never bothered the dog. Coyotes have been awful quiet lately also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 10:52 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,290,042 times
we got 4 at one water tank on a game cam. Daughter stepped on a buried deer in creek bottom that a lion had buried , while she was deer hunting yesterday. a year ago we lost lot of lambs and yearling ewes to lions , we found a steep draw where there was sign that they buried some there. Daughters got a tag , and a friend with hounds just waiting for snow and tracks.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:47 PM

24 posts, read 29,817 times
What is the law in Wyoming about hunting predators?

Suppose you are surprised by one and have to defend yourself?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:38 PM

254 posts, read 261,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPrice View Post
What is the law in Wyoming about hunting predators?

There are seasons for most except griz, but regardless, I don't plan on being on anything's dinner plate!

One of our neighbor land owners text me yesterday and said there are definitely several up there. He said he was walking up to his cabin, within 15' and one burst out from under the cabin. Said it wouldn't have mattered if he'd had a gun as it happened too fast.

Another neighbor supposedly almost hit one in his vehicle a mile or so away.

I'm thinking a cpl juveniles just got kicked off of momma and haven't quite been educated enough to stay away from humans yet.

Worst part is we have juniper extremely over grown on our property along with the timber needing thinned badly so the dang things can get extremely close if they wanted to. I plan on really thinning the timber this winter. That juniper is satan's weed and horrible to cut away.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:39 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fprice View Post
what is the law in wyoming about hunting predators?

sss

Old 11-23-2021, 10:19 PM

Predatory animals that may be hunted or trapped in Wyoming are:

Coyote
Gray wolf (except in northwest Wyoming)
Jackrabbit
Porcupine
Raccoon
Red fox
Skunk
Stray domestic cat
Gray Wolves as Predatory Animals
As explained previously, the gray wolf is designated as a trophy game animal in the northwest part of Wyoming. In the rest of the state, the gray wolf is designated as a predatory animal. To hunt gray wolves in these areas, you must meet all regulatory and statutory requirements for hunting predatory animals.

Wyoming Predatory Rules and Regulations

Old 11-25-2021, 11:14 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
Predatory animals that may be hunted or trapped in Wyoming are:

Coyote
Gray wolf (except in northwest Wyoming)
Jackrabbit
Porcupine
Raccoon
Red fox
Skunk
Stray domestic cat
Gray Wolves as Predatory Animals
As explained previously, the gray wolf is designated as a trophy game animal in the northwest part of Wyoming. In the rest of the state, the gray wolf is designated as a predatory animal. To hunt gray wolves in these areas, you must meet all regulatory and statutory requirements for hunting predatory animals.

Wyoming Predatory Rules and Regulations

Old 11-30-2021, 05:22 PM

156 posts, read 189,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
sss
I do this when I'm out camping on BLM. The 1st 's' stands for squat, the third stands for shovel.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt57 View Post
I do this when I'm out camping on BLM. The 1st 's' stands for squat, the third stands for shovel.
one year some one shot a few wild horses on a water hole in the Rock Springs area, Gov trappers were shooting a few coyotes of the carcasses. At a meeting we was talking about the reward for information on who may of shot the Wild Horses. The comment was made it was a single person that didn't go to the bar.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:02 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt57 View Post
Yes, you don't want to do these things out of order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: