Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,675 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, My family and I are about to relocate to Cheyenne due to a job in about 4 months and was wondering if I could get a little information about the place from locals. I have read on the internet about Cheyenne and just a lot about the Wyoming area in general. It sounds wonderful and we are looking forward to getting there. We love all the outdoor activities (camping, fishing ect.) I know that Denver is not too far away for a weekend trip. there is one thing I am worried about from talking to folks who have been stationed there. I am half white and half filipina and from what they are saying is that folks don't take too kindly to that. I am hoping that they are wrong. We are good hearted folks that want to raise our child in a small town feel. We are coming from North pole Ak and it is absolutly beautiful up here. The winters are a little harsh but it's not a big deal. we love it up here and I am sure we will love it there too. hope everyone has a wonderful summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Cheyenne is very diverse and accepting.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 PM

362 posts, read 919,159 times
I totally agree with ElkHunter. Don't sweat it.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:39 PM

430 posts, read 1,622,895 times
Wouldn't worry about it at all. Cheyenne has a 2-yr college, Laramie an hour west & CSU about 40 minutes south in Ft. Collins & then of course Univ of No. Colo in Greeley also about 40 miles south & on south to CU in Boulder & then Denver. Ppl in Wyo are pretty accepting of various cultures - MUCH more so than in the old days - like the 70's.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:12 AM

362 posts, read 1,855,992 times
Cheyenne will greet you with open arms. I think you'll quickly find out that Wyomingites are some of the friendliest people around. Very hospitable. Good luck on your move!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Best of luck to you in your move to Cheyenne... I am more familiar with Norther Wyo so I can't be much help for down south...

Welcome to Wyoming though

Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM

269 posts, read 829,341 times
You and fam will arrive in one of the most beautilful times of the year in old wyo! Enjoy our great state-You'll be welcome here! Have a safe trip!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,675 times
Thank you for all the replies. It's wonderful you all cared enough and took the time to reply. When I posted that first mail, I guess I was feeling a little worried listening to other people who have been there.That is their opinion and I need to leave it at that. I know we will thrive there. I really appreciate the support.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM

430 posts, read 1,622,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenorthpole View Post
Thank you for all the replies. It's wonderful you all cared enough and took the time to reply. When I posted that first mail, I guess I was feeling a little worried listening to other people who have been there.That is their opinion and I need to leave it at that. I know we will thrive there. I really appreciate the support.
Paying attention & helping our neighbors & friends - like Alaska - is what Wyo is all about. There are a lot of things many ppl would no get thru w/o help from their neighbors. We are all in it together. Wyo rocks big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming