Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,842 times

Advertisements

Here is Info on Johnson County

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning For... East Central Johnson County In North Central Wyoming...

* Until 645 PM MDT

* At 617 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler Radar Indicated A Severe Thunderstorm Capable Of Producing Penny Size Hail... And Damaging Winds In Excess Of 60 Mph. This Storm Was Located Near I90 Exit 82... Or About 25 Miles East Of Buffalo... And Moving East At 22 Mph.

* The Severe Thunderstorm Will Be Near... Powder River Rest Area And I90 Exit 88 By 625 PM... I90 Exit 91 By 635 PM... I90 Mile Marker 95 By 640 PM...

If You Are In The Path Of This Storm... Prepare Immediately For Damaging Winds... Large Hail... And Deadly Cloud To Ground Lightning. Take Cover In A Sturdy Structure Until The Storm Passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,831 times
Kristynwy, little photographer you, you're like a real reporter out there in the elements... thanks for sharing.

I almost wish I had a dent so I could try out the dry ice trick. My sister-in-law had a fairly good size one on her little car she drove all the way from DC in. Heard that a plunger might work. So there was my husband out in the street using a plunger on her car. I was just watching from the porch steps laughing. It worked though. So there's another trick.

We've had so much lightening and thunder and rain lately I've lost track of the rain free days. Haven't had to water our lawn yet...

Old 06-24-2008, 02:11 PM

Haha Thanks Emerealdksy
I am so amateur, but I really enjoy snapping pics haha

Last night wasn't as "active" as the weather radio said here... they made it sound like we were in for another round out here in Sheridan... But we weren't... It was pretty calm..

Hopefully it calms down for you guys too The rain has been nice for watering the plants though I agree

Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Default Cambell County 7:45 6/24

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR, SOUTHERN CAMPBELL COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN WYOMING, UNTIL 845 PM MDT
Issue Time: 7:39PM MDT, Tuesday Jun 24, 2008
Valid Until: 8:45PM MDT, Tuesday Jun 24, 2008
Back to summary

Bulletin - Eas Activation Requested Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service Rapid City SD 739 PM MDT Tue Jun 24 2008

The National Weather Service In Rapid City Has Issued A

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning For... Southern Campbell County In Northeastern Wyoming...

* Until 845 PM MDT

* At 736 PM MDT... Doppler Radar Indicated A Severe Thunderstorm With Nickel Size Hail. This Storm Was Located 8 Miles South Of Pine Tree Junction... Or About 21 Miles Southwest Of Wright... Moving Northeast At 40 Mph.

* The Severe Thunderstorm Will Be Near... Wright And Reno Junction By 805 PM MDT...

If You Are In The Path Of This Storm... Take Shelter In A Sturdy Building Away From Windows.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Update for Cambell county and Weston County 6/24

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR, SOUTHEASTERN CAMPBELL COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN WYOMING, WESTERN WESTON COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN WYOMING, UNTIL 930 PM MDT
Issue Time: 8:22PM MDT, Tuesday Jun 24, 2008
Valid Until: 9:30PM MDT, Tuesday Jun 24, 2008
Back to summary

Bulletin - Eas Activation Requested Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service Rapid City SD 823 PM MDT Tue Jun 24 2008

The National Weather Service In Rapid City Has Issued A

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning For... Southeastern Campbell County In Northeastern Wyoming... Western Weston County In Northeastern Wyoming...

* Until 930 PM MDT

* At 819 PM MDT... Doppler Radar Indicated A Severe Thunderstorm With Nickel Size Hail. This Storm Was Located 17 Miles West Of Rochelle... Or About 13 Miles Southeast Of Wright... Moving Northeast At 43 Mph.

* The Severe Thunderstorm Will Be Near... Rochelle By 835 PM MDT... Clareton By 855 PM MDT... Upton By 920 PM MDT...

If You Are In The Path Of This Storm... Take Shelter In A Sturdy Building Away From Windows.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 AM

Got a little lightening, rain, & Thunder out here... but a pretty calm storm for us tonight..
Not sure if you saw or got anything in town Elkhunter?

You just watch, we leave to Yellowstone this weekend, and get some hail and my plants will be plastered... haha I hope not... but I keep telling my hubby that I am worried about the plants lol...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Got a little lightening, rain, & Thunder out here... but a pretty calm storm for us tonight..
Not sure if you saw or got anything in town Elkhunter?
I don't know. I was checking for light leaks in my eyelids and missed it. hahaha Did it really rain? Now I have to go out and look. hahahaha

Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Wow pretty large area Severe Thunderstorm Watch box!

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 605
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
305 PM MDT WED JUN 25 2008
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 605 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM MDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

WYOMING COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE
BIG HORN CAMPBELL CROOK
JOHNSON SHERIDAN WASHAKIE
WESTON

Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 PM

Default More Info on Severe Thunderstorm Watch Box...

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a
Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of

south central and southeast Montana
north central and northeast Wyoming

Effective this Wednesday afternoon and evening from 305 PM until
900 PM MDT.

Hail to 2 inches in diameter... thunderstorm wind gusts to 70
mph... and dangerous lightning are possible in these areas.

The Severe Thunderstorm Watch area is approximately along and 80
statute miles east and west of a line from 75 miles north
northeast of Billings Montana to 60 miles south southeast of
Gillette Wyoming. For a complete depiction of the watch see the
associated watch outline update (wous64 kwns wou5).

Remember... a Severe Thunderstorm Watch means conditions are
favorable for severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch
area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for
threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements
and possible warnings. Severe thunderstorms can and occasionally
do produce tornadoes.

Discussion... scattered thunderstorms are beginning to develop from
central/srn Mt into nrn WY as the low levels destabilize with
daytime heating... and as a weak mid-upper speed Max moves ewd over
Mt. MLCAPE values around 1500 j/kg in conjunction with 0-6 km bulk
shear of 35-45 kt will support a threat for supercells through the
evening hours. Steep lapse rates and only modest low-level moisture
suggest that large hail and damaging winds will be the primary
severe threats.

Aviation... a few severe thunderstorms with hail surface and aloft
to 2 inches. Extreme turbulence and surface wind gusts to 60
knots. A few cumulonimbi with maximum tops to 500. Mean storm
motion vector 28025.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Default Latest as of 3:53 pm

At 353 PM mdt National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms over portions of southern Carbon and southern big counties and Sheridan County. These storms will continue to form over the higher terrain and move across the area late this afternoon. Hail up to 1/2 inch in diameter...dangerous lightning and gusty winds up to 50 mph can be expected. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 9 PM mdt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming