Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,325 times

Advertisements

Rock Springs Wyoming

WARNING! corrupt Local goverment officals.

I just moved here and wanted to warn people moving to Rock Springs Wyoming . Now in a boom town you would expect people to be greedy and they are here but what really blows me away is Sweet Water County officals Gouging local workers!

I checked 4-5 places to set up my 36 ft motor home and to rent spaces were 500.00 to 550.00 per month, now that about 200.00 a month above the national average!

BUT the worst thing is the local goverment is way worse than the greedy people of rock springs!

Sweet Water County is charging 165.00 per week at the Sweet Water County Events Center (Fair grounds) and this correlates into and over a wopping 707.00 per month for the very same services !!!!!

What these CROOKS are doing is collecting the over flow and filling about75-100 spaces,,, now you would think the county would be at least equal too or less than the local greedy bussiness men

BUT NOT THESE CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE FORWARNED about Sweet Water County Goverment !

Last edited by 2hellandback; 06-11-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 PM

430 posts, read 1,622,442 times
Hmmmmmm - Rock Springs does not seem to always fair well with boom days.... remember the 1970's.......

Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
well i think the fees are high at the fairgrounds because they dont want people staying there long term.if they were the cheapest place in town everyone with a motorhome would be living at the fairgrounds and instead of running a fairgrounds they would be running a trailer park which really isnt the counties job.its not the job of the county government to find people affordable places to park their motorhomes.i know housing is tight there but there are houses for sale and im sure the county govt would much prefer that people 'moving' to rocksprings actually 'move' there rather than 'park' there.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 AM

105 posts, read 448,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
well i think the fees are high at the fairgrounds because they dont want people staying there long term.if they were the cheapest place in town everyone with a motorhome would be living at the fairgrounds and instead of running a fairgrounds they would be running a trailer park which really isnt the counties job.its not the job of the county government to find people affordable places to park their motorhomes.i know housing is tight there but there are houses for sale and im sure the county govt would much prefer that people 'moving' to rocksprings actually 'move' there rather than 'park' there.
I would have to agree with the above statement. I lived in Green River/ Rock Springs area when the boom came back and was there all the up till October. The prices of everything have gone up substantialy and almost to a ridiculous amount. But I think why the prices are so high at the events center is to make sure that you stay is only temporary.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 AM

430 posts, read 1,622,442 times
Look at all the RV's who "live" in Walmart parking lots - and they are welcomed there by walmart. Is wrong & most are not set up in any way to handle the multitudes of "squatters" who use the parking lot as a RV lot. There are NO charges there of course & I may not be popular here for this, but good for the events ctr for putting an extra charge on parking there. I know there is a housing shortage - a norm for Wyo. But with the large numbers of LARGE landowners in the area, perhaps they could work together to try to work something out for RV's? Obviously they don't want to open trailer courts on their ranches & might be a nightmare to even do the RV thing, but just food for thought. (PS - One night I WATCHED an RV dump their waste in a Wyo walmart - not in Cody...but was disgusted to NO end so in my opinion is a health hazard as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming