Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 AM

13 posts, read 36,565 times

Advertisements

Let me explain my situation. My family and I are going on a backpacking trip into the Wind River mountains. We live in PA, and I will be leaving two weeks earlier than they will. I'm heading to Custer, SD and Hardin, Montana; I'll be traveling by motorcycle and my ultimate goal is to visit the Little Big Horn Battlefield.

From Little Big Horn I plan to meet the family in Lander, WY and head into the mountains for the backpacking end of the trip. Here is my dilemma; I'm looking for a place to park my motorcycle for five to six days. Are there any storage facilities in or around the Lander area that do short term storage? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even a kindly soul who has an empty garage for
rent would help. I would prefer a place out of the weather. The bike is a normal
1100 Honda Spirit, and I just need a safe place to park it while backpacking.

Again, thanks for any help given,
Boone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM

208 posts, read 909,647 times
Man.... if you were closer I would loan you a spot in my garage. Gillette is a little ways from Lander though. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone View Post
Let me explain my situation. My family and I are going on a backpacking trip into the Wind River mountains. We live in PA, and I will be leaving two weeks earlier than they will. I'm heading to Custer, SD and Hardin, Montana; I'll be traveling by motorcycle and my ultimate goal is to visit the Little Big Horn Battlefield.

From Little Big Horn I plan to meet the family in Lander, WY and head into the mountains for the backpacking end of the trip. Here is my dilemma; I'm looking for a place to park my motorcycle for five to six days. Are there any storage facilities in or around the Lander area that do short term storage? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even a kindly soul who has an empty garage for
rent would help. I would prefer a place out of the weather. The bike is a normal
1100 Honda Spirit, and I just need a safe place to park it while backpacking.

Again, thanks for any help given,
Boone

Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
you might try the chamber of commerce either on the net or by phone. Maybe some has or knows someone that can help.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 AM

105 posts, read 448,865 times
I might be able to help you out ang give you a spot in my garage or locked toy shed. I live in Riverton which is roughly about 30 miles away from Lander.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:50 PM

13 posts, read 36,565 times
I'm checking with the chamber of commerce now, shadowwalker, thanks for the suggestion. PsykoKustomz I'm looking for something in Lander, but I may take you up on that offer as the time gets closer. I appreciate the gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming