Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:59 PM

4 posts, read 19,201 times

Advertisements

Nothing is definite yet, but I'm not the kind of person that sits around and waits. If I land this position I want to be able to hit the ground running.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can provide me with information on apartments and/or rental homes. I understand prices have skyrocketed in the last couple years, so a ball-park rent figure would be great (say, 2BR apartment or 1-2BR house). Are rentals hard to find (I have a cat and small dog)? I know Rawlins is a small town and with the energy boom I assume there aren't a lot of vacant properties. Also, I'm not looking to buy just yet.

Finally, what about Sinclair? Good alternative?

Thanks in advance,

-Al-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
Are you familiar with the area?? Sinclair has a huge refinery, that's the town, there are houses next to it, like right next to it. Just want you to be informed.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I'm familiar, but just that. Been to both towns a couple times back in the early 90's. Sinclair doesn't sound like it has changed much. I was kind of thinking that 6 miles is livable if options in Rawlins were slim. Back-up idea. I would definitely prefer Rawlins since the job is located there.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 20,156 times
Default Sinclair, WY

Lived in Sinclair for a 14yrs, but have been gone a long time. Raised 2 children and I am sure there have been many changes since then but loved the area. The commute to Rawlins is easy and I drove it many times. The people are great, there is nothing like a small community to raise children. I still miss the good drinking water!

Old 01-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Well, it's definite. Accepted the job today and need to report on the 20th. That gives me 3 weeks to find a place to live and get moved in. I've been in touch with real estate agencies and a couple apartment complexes and it's beginning to look like I'm going to have a VERY hard time finding a rental. I hate to have to buy, but it's not looking good.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:48 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,662 times
Is bringing a travel trailer/RV something you can do to get by for now?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Not really. I don't own or have access to one, and I have a cat and dog from a previous marriage, which limits my options even further. I may have a line on an apartment, but depending on when it opens I might have to do the motel thing for a few weeks.

I only live 3 hours away right now so I think I'll take a trip up later this week and see what I can't find in person. Maybe there are rentals that aren't listed (just a sign in the yard type thing). Who knows.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 AM

5 posts, read 20,156 times
I should think that you would not have a problem finding a place to live in Rawlins. Be sure to check with the Chamber of Commerce and the Rawlins newspaper for help. You will enjoy the area especially if you love to fish and hunt. Miss fishing for trout, and the hunting.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,151 times
Default rawlins housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahamisty View Post
I should think that you would not have a problem finding a place to live in Rawlins. Be sure to check with the Chamber of Commerce and the Rawlins newspaper for help. You will enjoy the area especially if you love to fish and hunt. Miss fishing for trout, and the hunting.
Actually it's very hard to find housing in Rawlins. Rawlins is booming.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 22,762 times
Default Al

Have you moved to Wyoming; if so do you still need housing. I have a nice house for rent in Sinclair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming