Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 17,815 times

Advertisements

My husband and I currently are vexed at our living situation. I moved out here, in April, with one month to find housing. New to the area and the lack of rentals, I ended up taking the first decently priced town home I could find. Little did I know our landlord is a slum-lord and lied to me when I initially inquired about the other tenants. He declared the neighbors are all retired and very quiet. BS! Every weekend we have at least one disturbance waking us up. I got my trailer hitch stolen, we've had obnoxious tenants, and their friends, knocking on our door or the neighbor's door screaming for hours -- the list goes on. The new tenants are getting younger and younger by the week. We are no where near being old (early 20's) but we both work 8-5pm shifts and would enjoy our sleep. We're not big drinkers, either, so most weekend nights we stay in.

This brings me to our current situation. Our lease isn't up until April '09, but I want to start looking. Thus, allowing plenty of time to find the right rental location. Do any of you know a good area to rent? We can't qualify for low income housing -- myself alone makes double the income restraint for two people. At the same time, we don't want to be paying out $1200+ for rent. I find that a bit absurd, when house mortgages cost less. We have an 8 lb Maltese who is both pad and outdoor trained. He's in WI at the moment, but we take him to daycare, to avoid him howling during the day, and he sleeps during the evening/night. Thanks for your thoughts and help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 AM

13 posts, read 34,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senstadh View Post
myself alone makes double the income restraint for two people
we don't want to be paying out $1200+ for rent. Thanks for your thoughts and help!
Senstadh, seems that buying a home would be an option ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: