Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgobucks! View Post
Yeah pretty much, by homesteading, I mean living in a house on some acreage and doing as much as possible to be as self-sufficient as possible. I envision lots of garden(s), maybe even a good size greenhouse, lots of canning, freezing, raising some chickens for our own use (maybe some extras to sell "farm fresh eggs" locally, a few goats for milk (to make cheese, yogurt, dairy products), pond with some fish (doubtful for Wyoming?), perhaps some bees to make honey (sugar source), MAYBE a horse or two for fun...

Another poster, sunspirit, gave me a great rundown on water rights. I wouldn't need water rights as long as my "farm" was an acre or less which I believe I can do. G

ood call on talking to a realtor.

Thanks a ton for you thoughts, links, and pic. Dang that's GREEEN!

s
Believe me, realtors don't take pictures after the first of July very often. They get their pics in early spring so they are green. By July you're pouring thousands of gallons of water on a lawn just to try and maintain it.

So surface wells are a really good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,291,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Believe me, realtors don't take pictures after the first of July very often. They get their pics in early spring so they are green. By July you're pouring thousands of gallons of water on a lawn just to try and maintain it.

So surface wells are a really good idea.
ger me is people buy 5 acres and figure they can run 5 horses.... we call them horse gettos, they have more bare ground then a feedlot.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 AM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
[However, my dream of moving back there ended (for now, at least) when I didn't even make it to the interviewing step of hiring. Perhaps it's my new-grad status or lack of coaching capabilities, but I didn't make the cut. So for now I'm staying put. Doesn't make me give up my desire to live in the Lander area again, but without a job lined up, I would not move there, as that is the hardest part in any move and I did that in the late 90's and never really found a good job, to be honest.

I'm sorry about your luck in Lander Froggielegs......there was an article in the newspaper a couple weeks ago that said the school district had 26 openings and they got over 400 applicants.

My DH and I moved back here last year. Both of us got jobs pretty much b/c of 'knowing someone' as we both grew up here. We have a 3 y.o. and it is great to live around family (why we came back) but neither me nor my DH are a big fan of the 'people' of this town in general. I agree with Brian that people are quite cliquish. A couple people i work with were born here, raised and have never left. I honestly find them scary in that they are so closeminded. They seem oblivious to any world existing outside of fremont county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming