Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 AM

25 posts, read 135,810 times

Advertisements

What do Wyoming resdents think about Californians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 03:15 AM

4 posts, read 17,033 times
Thumbs down The truth you didn't want to hear...

Generally speaking, we are all admittedly terrified of rush hour traffic in LA and jealous of your good weather.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
They don't necessarily dislike them. The dislike the ways alot of california people act when they move into the state. They bring their attitude and want to make Kalifornia out of Wyoming. If you come in with the attitude of "Hey I'm here! What's the fun stuff you guys do here? Could you show me how you do that? We'd like to try that!"
Not "Hey I'm here! Is this all there is? Why don't you have this or that?I don't like that or I'd NEVER do that."
And above all don't tell us how you did it back home, all the time. We probably don't care.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:55 AM

610 posts, read 3,319,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
They don't necessarily dislike them. The dislike the ways alot of california people act when they move into the state. They bring their attitude and want to make Kalifornia out of Wyoming. If you come in with the attitude of "Hey I'm here! What's the fun stuff you guys do here? Could you show me how you do that? We'd like to try that!"
Not "Hey I'm here! Is this all there is? Why don't you have this or that?I don't like that or I'd NEVER do that."
And above all don't tell us how you did it back home, all the time. We probably don't care.
That's right Shadow! In fact, the unofficial motto of Wyoming is (and pardon me pard, for yelling) WELCOME TO WYOMING! WE DON'T GIVE A RAT'S AXX HOW YOU DID IT BACK HOME!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:43 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,171,880 times
There's no prejudice against Californians just for being Californian's.

There is, however, a great dislike for people moving in here who don't like the way things are here and want to make it just like it was "back home" ... a law for everything, lots of government services, and cannot understand that it's a different pace of life here. If all that stuff was so good back home ... then why did you come here? Do you feel a need to teach us ignorant hicks how to behave?

People here tend to be much more satisfied with their lives and being themselves, so they don't need to flash what they've got to impress everybody else to assure themselves that they've "made it". We simply don't care about all that stuff. What's a lot more impressive is how you maintain your property, your livestock, and how you treat others. What you do is a lot more important than what you say or how much money you've got.

Last edited by sunsprit; 02-10-2007 at 09:25 AM..

Old 02-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,065,723 times
Rockymtnr

I just have to second that post, it's my husbands favorite saying. I just saw it the other day on a guys truck, only he was a little more explicit. )))

Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM

610 posts, read 3,319,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Rockymtnr

I just have to second that post, it's my husbands favorite saying. I just saw it the other day on a guys truck, only he was a little more explicit. )))
<grin> I was trying to be civil. No need for these friendly foreigners to know that we sometimes use vulgarity and maybe even spit some tobacco at nuthin' in particular

Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnr View Post
That's right Shadow! In fact, the unofficial motto of Wyoming is (and pardon me pard, for yelling) WELCOME TO WYOMING! WE DON'T GIVE A RAT'S AXX HOW YOU DID IT BACK HOME!!!
I am a newcomer, and I will gladly accept that motto.. We don't like how they did things back home anyways, we like it how people do things here!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 AM

777 posts, read 3,197,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I am a newcomer, and I will gladly accept that motto.. We don't like how they did things back home anyways, we like it how people do things here!

I agree. If I liked the way things are done here, I wouldn't leave to go live in a windier/colder climate.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
I've spent most of my life as a Californian, and I don't particularly like Californians... or maybe I should say that I don't particularly like the influx of people filling up California. I don't particularly mind legal immigration, but like those earlier posts about Wyoming, I don't like folks coming here telling us how to do things their way, meaning the way they did them where they came from. Many of these folks fled worse conditions south of the border, but instead of trying to fit in, they just created the same situation here, but now it's at my expense. I like the idea of going somewhere to just fit in with the way things are, not trying to change everything. Around here I've seen several speedways and airports shut down because of the noise. It seems the residents that moved into the neighborhoods where these "nuisances" existed didn't like the noise after they moved in, so they complained. The result of the complaints was that the "nuisance" was subsequently put out of business. It doesn't matter that the racetrack or airport was there long before these folks lived there. That's how things are done in California, and just one of the many reasons that I want to get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming