Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 02:56 PM

19 posts, read 61,150 times

Advertisements

Hi Im from North Dakota Im looking to move to wyoming I know the housing situation is pretty tough and Ive seen threads about jobs but where can I go for a mining or oil job and get hired right away.
I have no criminal record or drug history. Im seeing references for 20-22 dollar an hour jobs. Im basically leaving my family up here untill I get a place to live down there so any info on companies that are hiring immediately would be great. Oh and dont worry about the winters I know first hand what -80 windchill feels like and being a north dakota boy hard labor is a piece of cake something we have in common with or brothers and sisters in your great state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:51 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times
Gillette has jobs all over the place. You can come to town and be hired the same day by numbers of companies. But be ready for high rent prices and the unavailability of rentals. It has gotten a bit easier the past couple of months to find a rental, but it's still a task to find one. It might be smarter to find a rental THEN find a job

Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 AM

105 posts, read 448,912 times
You can also look into Rock Springs it is still booming and you would probably be hired right away. Why not look for work in North Dakota. I know the oil companies have found a huge reserve of oil near Stanley and drilling I believe has begun or is getting ready to here real quickly. Have you looked at Dickinson as well. We have a plant up there and they are having to work pretty much 24/7 to keep up with the demand.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:29 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
Thats what I was going to ask. I work with several young men from ND and they are saying the boom has started up there. One guy left and is working for 28 bucks an hour in a gas plant up there. He has called several times saying they have several openings.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Default north dakota oil jobs

yeah I considered up here but beleive it or not the winters in williston are HORRIBLE! I know you guys have -40 -50 on occassion but williston is nearly uninhabitable, mainly Im trying to get out of North Dakota I visited casper two months ago for an interview with baker hughes and my wife loved it. You guys have mountains and REAL ANIMALS all we have here is flat white nothing for hundreds of miles no rocks or anything and scrawney little deer or what I call Corn Rats which number in the millions and arent any sport at all to kill mainly because they are right THERE. Anyway believe it or not North Dakota is Wyoming and Montana's ugly stepsister and I want out. Look up storm of 97 on google and you will see some more examples of why someone would leave.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 AM

Oh I have been in Williston in December and November and I will agree that place is cold. What type of job are looking at doing in the oilfield. Do you have any previous experience or anything. I thought you were just leaving to find work. At least that is how your previous post sounded to me. I know alot of companies are hiring and even around where I am at if you are willing to put in the hours than more than likely they will give you a job.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
OK that makes sense. Well Gillette would be the place to start. Do you have the time and money to take a week and go to Gillette? Sometimes you just have to knock on some doors and be ready to go to work.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Default jobs

perfect I could definately make the trip just trying to make sure there really is something open. I am looking for a job. the jobI have here is low paying. also I do not have oilfield experience, sorry there could have mentioned that. with my previouse work experience I cant imagine Id have much trouble adapting.

Last edited by morgwar; 10-01-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 10-01-2008, 02:21 PM

I know some big hitters here in Riverton which I will say is alot better living conditions than Rock Springs( i.e... price of housing, amount of people, to just name a few) But there is Stallion and also IPS which are pretty big hitters in the Oil patch and they are always looking for people that are willing to work and Stay clean for from drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming