Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:26 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Last time I check 50% chance of rain and thunderboomer today(Saturday) lol...
Unless the weather forecast has changed, which wouldn't be uncommon either haha
We got a sprinkle about 7pm. Didn't even go inside. No boomers. Guess the weather guessers dart missed the board again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 02:55 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
We got a sprinkle about 7pm. Didn't even go inside. No boomers. Guess the weather guessers dart missed the board again.
lol there was a thunderboomer in Sheridan County, but didn't make it to the town...

It was a nice sprinkle yesterday...

My tulips are coming up I can't wait to see them bloom

Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 PM

382 posts, read 936,990 times
Default Winter Weather Alerts

Wyoming has a special weather statement

"... A HIGH IMPACT... COLD WET WEATHER SYSTEM IS SLATED FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK FOR CENTRAL AND WESTERN WYOMING...

A POTENT SPRING STORM SYSTEM NOW APPROACHING THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR A LARGE SCALE... HIGH IMPACT SNOWSTORM TO MUCH OF CENTRAL AND WESTERN WYOMING FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD DURING THE UPCOMING WEEK.

RIGHT NOW THERE APPEARS TO A POTENTIAL FOR COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF SNOW TO FALL ALONG THE EAST SLOPE OF THE WIND RIVER MOUNTAINS AS WELL AS ON CASPER MOUNTAIN THIS WEEK. THE LOWER ELEVATIONS FROM THE LANDER FOOTHILLS TO THE GREEN MOUNTAINS TO CASPER COULD ALSO SEE A LOT OF SNOWFALL DURING THE MIDDLE AND LATTER PORTION OF THE WEEK. DEPENDING ON THE STORM TRACK... THE BIG HORN MOUNTAINS AND THE LOWER ELEVATIONS OF JOHNSON COUNTY ALSO STAND A CHANCE OF RECEIVING LARGE AMOUNTS OF SNOW. RIGHT NOW THERE APPEARS TO BE THE POTENTIAL FOR 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOWFALL AT THE ABOVE MENTIONED LOWER ELEVATIONS WITH UP TO 3 TO 4 FEET OF SNOWFALL IN THE MOUNTAINS. AS THE STORM DRAWS CLOSER TO THE AREA... ANTICIPATED SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BECOME MORE APPARENT... ESPECIALLY ONCE THE STORM CENTER MAKES LANDFALL MONDAY.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 PM

Do you think we out of the "typical" winter weather alert season.?.

So for so good....

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

8 posts, read 24,660 times
For the low elevation areas the alerts are most likely not needed but for anyone crossing the higher elevation mountain passes the alerts are still valid. Heavy wet spring time snow that is dangerous at the high elevation and mountain highway passes is still common this time of the year. If anyone is planning highway trips across the high elevation mountain areas check your weather forecast. Do not become too complacent because the grass is green in town as we still have snow in the high mountain areas in Wyoming with more sure to fall before summer arrives.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Oh I know that all to well, especially up in the Big Horns, it can snow all year round up there for sure

I have heard of snow in July in Sheridan LOL

That is why I put quote around "typical" hehe...

Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
I grew up in Wyoming, but live in Austin, TX now. It still amazes me to realize how long the winters are up there. The wild flowers have been blooming here for a month or more and my grass stayed green all winter this year. Of course when it is over 100 degrees for days on end here in July I will wish I was in Wyoming again.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Oh I know that all to well, especially up in the Big Horns, it can snow all year round up there for sure

I have heard of snow in July in Sheridan LOL

That is why I put quote around "typical" hehe...
TYPICAL Wyoming Weather.

June, spring flowers blooming, often about 10-12 inches tall. That way 2-3 inches of flower stick out of the snow.

July, long periods of hot with short periods of cold and snow.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
typical wyoming weather.

June, spring flowers blooming, often about 10-12 inches tall. That way 2-3 inches of flower stick out of the snow.

July, long periods of hot with short periods of cold and snow.
:d lol :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming