Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 12,741 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Sherdain Wyoming my husband got a job there , We are looking for temporary housing for him and my son . my daughters and myself will join them in may. any suggestions that will not cost me a arm and a leg ? Are there any military bases nearby ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,011 times
I don't know of to many temporary places that your husband or son could stay that wouldn't be to costly. The recent boom has put a shortage on the rentals around here. Some of the more afforable places are not all to great to live in. Pretty run down or pretty small.

How soon would they be coming out here? If you have a little time try and get an online subscription to the Sheridan Press or go to www.sherdianmedia.com and check out the Country Bounty (it's free) to see what is available right now for rent. You can also go to Swap Shop on the above site and put an ad on the show to look for a place. Also contact some of the realtors out here and see if they know of any rentals available. Lastly, try contacting some of the trailer parks to see what they may have for rent. Westpark Trailer Park is one of the better trailer parks the others are okay overall.

There are no military bases close by. We have the National Guard Armory but that's it.
Good Luck and I hope your husband can find something.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info I will look at those sites

Old 12-03-2008, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Lou View Post
We are moving to Sherdain Wyoming my husband got a job there , We are looking for temporary housing for him and my son . my daughters and myself will join them in may. any suggestions that will not cost me a arm and a leg ? Are there any military bases nearby ?
my sister used a company to move her from tampa called All In One Moving out of NJ they are not expensive and very reliable. you should check them out to see if they can help you out.
good luck

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM

269 posts, read 829,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Lou View Post
Not knowing how far your move is going to be-here's my advice. Having moved countless times as a manager with a large company-thank god thats over now-downsize-get rid of everything that has no sentimental value-yard sale-have a clear picture of what temporay housing means to you and family and what your plans are for later down the road-do not make a huge plunge into debt for at least a year. Use your husbands co-workers knowledege of the area to help you find housing-sounds like you will need at least a three bedroom? Contact realators - be honest and tell them what you can afford to pay- do not expect a dream place. Bring a strong will and determination. Sheridan has a lot to offer - it may take time or you could get lucky-hope you get lucky No military bases-good people in this old town-sheridan is slowly coming back to reality in the economic sense-I think you and your family can have a good life here. God Bless and safe journey

Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM

WE are moving from Nebraska roughly a 10 hour drive thanks for the info all info helps at this point

Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
Rentals can be found as things are slowing down a little bit in town, however still a bit tight in the rental market.
Prices for a house to rent are usually close to $1000 or more a month. You can find rentals for as low as 500-600 sometimes, but they are filled pretty quickly.

Definitely call some realtors, there are a few in town that do property management.

You can also go to The Sheridan Front Page
and get a temporary 2 month online subscription and search the classifieds daily. I would call early in the morning the same day, because that is your best odds in getting a rental you find in there.

Best of luck to you.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,054 times
I LOVE Sheridan, it was a great place to grow up. The school district is pretty good (I think that Sagebrush Elementary-near the hospital) is the the best Elem. school (but I'm biased as I went there once upon a time!).

As others have said there is a downside to being a town of less than 20,000 and that is that temporary housing is few and far between. ERA realty is a good source to use, they manage a bunch of rental properties.

As others have said there is no military installation other than the NG Armory. Within 20-30 minutes are Ranchester and Dayton (to the N on I-90, very easy drive). To the west is BigHorn, Wyoming (like 8 miles away-our suburb). I'd look in those little towns for housing as well.

Enjoy Sheridan for me!!! There is so much to do if you love to be out of doors and in the mountains.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,996 times
I am also Moving to Sheridan. Coming alone to support the NAtional guard while they are deployed overseas. Pretty much looking for the same thing. I am a military officer and will be working in the Armory in Sheridan. Let me know if you find any places that don't fit your needs. Thanks in advance. CPT Bill Muthiora, Idaho Army National Guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming