Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 17,882 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I found this law for Wyoming...

"You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit."

May someone explain me the WHY? I would like to know the reason. I can't find the full law text for this.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:54 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,241,506 times
Is it a result of the Bugs Bunny protection act of 1964?

Maybe Hugh Hefner visited Wyoming and some of the locals thought this law would get rid of him.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:48 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Wyoming still has some interesting (to say the least) laws in its books. I believe it is also illegal to take a bath in February...and I believe Newcastle has one regarding chaining a certain animal to a light pole (I cannot recall said animal at this point but elephant comes to mind).
Also it is still legal for a owner to lynch a horse-thief if they are caught stealing the owner's horse.

I'll have to search for the obscure law listing I have somewhere and will post it then.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Also it is still legal for a owner to lynch a horse-thief if they are caught stealing the owner's horse.
Can I shoot them or do I need to hang them? I dont want to break any laws.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Can I shoot them or do I need to hang them? I dont want to break any laws.
It states definitely 'lynching'.

Here are some others I have found:

"If one is drunk in a mine, he or she could land in jail for up to a year."

"Junk dealers may not make any business transactions with drunk persons."

"It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people’s view in a public theater or place of amusement."

"Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden."

"It is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking."

"Skiing under the influence of alcohol is prohibited."

In Cheyenne it is illegal to spit on the steps of a school.

I am still looking for more.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM

Some of those are good laws.
Why should anyone be allowed to spit on school steps anywhere.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:07 PM

Quite right, Benny...it is just a foul thing to do.

A couple more...
It is against the law in Newcastle for couples to have sex inside a store's walk in freezer. (Why would anyone want to?!?!)

And also in Cheyenne, it is illegal for a person to take a shower on Wednesdays.

Wyoming law also states it is illegal to tattoo a horse with the intent of making it unrecognizable to its owner....not just tattooing over a brand, but the whole horse!

I've also read it is illegal to photograph a rabbit in June as well as the other months mentioned.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Quite right, Benny...it is just a foul thing to do.

A couple more...
It is against the law in Newcastle for couples to have sex inside a store's walk in freezer. (Why would anyone want to?!?!)

And also in Cheyenne, it is illegal for a person to take a shower on Wednesdays.

Wyoming law also states it is illegal to tattoo a horse with the intent of making it unrecognizable to its owner....not just tattooing over a brand, but the whole horse!

I've also read it is illegal to photograph a rabbit in June as well as the other months mentioned.
There isn't a man alive that could have sex in a freezer. Trust me on that one.

I always wondered why cheyenne smells funny on wednesdays.

I dont tattoo horses since I've stopped drinking.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:42 PM

It makes one wonder what required these laws to be enacted in the first place.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:13 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times
it may seem strange but here in Casper, it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk. I like that one though....I hate stepping in someone's chew spit!

Fishing with a firearm? Hmmmm, i've had better luck catching fish with hands then I imagine I ever could shooting them...how on earth? (which, by the way, it is illegal to catch fish with your hands here too!)

If the law ever catches up with me I'm toast...I'll get 33 years (right next to OJ!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming