Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM

13 posts, read 37,085 times

Advertisements

Hey all, my name is JD. Myself, my wife, and our 4 kids are moving to Shoshoni, Wyoming from southern Indiana. I am an avid hunter and I am hoping to make some new hunting buddies in the area. Any and all comments would be helpful. Thanks ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,530 times
well, snapshot....I've lived in Shoshoni....I'm assuming you're working for the railroad or drilling or something??? There's not much there! It's a teeny-tiny town...don't get me wrong, it's nice. You don't have the hustle and bustle of "big city life" and you'll be relatively close to shopping as well (Riverton is only about 25 miles away....Casper is 98 miles to the east). But there's truly nothing there. Boysen Res. is just west of there, but hasn't had a lot of water in it in the last 15 years or so, but you can still take a boat out for fishing towards the canyon.

You'll be close to hunting as you're close to the Wind River Mountains as well as the west side of the Bighorns....and the school system in Fremont County is great. Do you mind my asking how old your four children are? Have you already rented/bought a house? If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me. I travel to Fremont County alot as both my sisters still live there (in Crowheart).

Don't know if this helped....but hope you have a safe and uneventful move!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Thanks tekape for the response. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when I get there yet. I probably will work with the railroad. I love small teenie tiny towns. I was born and raised in a small town in southern Indiana. population less than 20!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshot View Post
Thanks tekape for the response. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when I get there yet. I probably will work with the railroad. I love small teenie tiny towns. I was born and raised in a small town in southern Indiana. population less than 20!!!
you'll fit in great then!

If you want, you can also look into living in Pavillion as well (same general area, but a little prettier). Shoshoni is very dry and barren...but the people are great. Pavillion is a little more in the valley so it's greener with trees. (It's also a teenie weenie little town!).

Good luck on your move....ah, the pleasures of moving with children (I also have four....it's "fun"!)

Old 12-11-2008, 11:56 AM

716 posts, read 2,816,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshot View Post
Hey all, my name is JD. Myself, my wife, and our 4 kids are moving to Shoshoni, Wyoming from southern Indiana. I am an avid hunter and I am hoping to make some new hunting buddies in the area. Any and all comments would be helpful. Thanks ....
One of the best milk shakes I ever had was in Shoshone. Is that old drug store/soda fountain still around?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefr View Post
One of the best milk shakes I ever had was in Shoshone. Is that old drug store/soda fountain still around?
yep, Yellowstone Drug IS still around! they actually opened up one in Casper (in with the Quiznos off of CY Avenue).....they do have good shakes (though I don't think Casper's is as good as Shoshoni's!)

Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM

53 posts, read 205,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekape View Post
yep, Yellowstone Drug IS still around! they actually opened up one in Casper (in with the Quiznos off of CY Avenue).....they do have good shakes (though I don't think Casper's is as good as Shoshoni's!)
Yellowstone Drug is the BEST place for a malt. I started going there as a kid and will stop by every time I'm back in Wyoming.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 AM

116 posts, read 449,593 times
Yellowstone drug store moved from their old location to a new (newer?) building on the east side of down. The new location looks like a more typical fast-food place.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Now I have something else to look forward too!! Hunting and the best shakes in the country! PARADISE!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM

716 posts, read 2,816,745 times
I also recall there's one area outside of Shoshoni on the Riverton side of town. There is absolutely no sign of anything living as far as the eye can see in any direction.

It's actually scenic and part of the charm of Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming